cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have additional recon numbers for Discover More?

Established Contributor

Anyone have additional recon numbers for Discover More?

I called the backdoor number but they said they cannot recon the app which was declined. 

 

Reasons given for decline

 

Too many credit inquiries (this was the 4th on TU in the last year - one of those was for an earlier discover app, the other two are mortgage inquiries, no other inquiries in the last two years)

Too many new accounts (none under a year old)

Too many finance inquiries (I don't even know what these are)

 

My TU score is currently 718 (Fico) with no negs ever, oldest account is 6 years, AAoA is 1.5 years

 

Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone have additional recon numbers for Discover More?

Discover is not going to approve you with too many inquires period.  My EQ report was pulled in July when I got approved.  My FICO score was 725 and I had no inquries. 
Message 2 of 7
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone have additional recon numbers for Discover More?

Sorry to hear this Susyquk.

 

While Discover primarily pulls TU, they will sometimes soft pull another report. I don't think there is a rhyme or reason anymore. Where you offered the HSBC card?

 

Take a look at the following thread, there was another forum member who received a similar response -

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=174291

01/04/10 TU 778 EQ 731
08/05/09 TU 762 EQ 722
02/12/09 TU 722 EQ 704 EX 690
EQ sensitive to inqs & student loan.
Message 3 of 7
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone have additional recon numbers for Discover More?


Susyquk wrote:

I called the backdoor number but they said they cannot recon the app which was declined. 

 

Reasons given for decline

 

Too many credit inquiries (this was the 4th on TU in the last year - one of those was for an earlier discover app, the other two are mortgage inquiries, no other inquiries in the last two years)

Too many new accounts (none under a year old)

Too many finance inquiries (I don't even know what these are)

 

My TU score is currently 718 (Fico) with no negs ever, oldest account is 6 years, AAoA is 1.5 years

 

Smiley Sad


 

It looks like their system gagged on the combination of: 1) a five digit revolving credit balance -and- 2) two recent mortgage inquiries, plus other INQ -and- 3) not enough account age (AAoA < 2). I think it was all these things together that put them off. You are accumulating credit a little too fast for their system to tolerate. Eventually they will take you, but it is going to require more patience on your part.

 

Do you have a mortgage now; were the INQ's for a refi? What was the 4th INQ?

Message 4 of 7
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone have additional recon numbers for Discover More?


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Susyquk wrote:

I called the backdoor number but they said they cannot recon the app which was declined. 

 

Reasons given for decline

 

Too many credit inquiries (this was the 4th on TU in the last year - one of those was for an earlier discover app, the other two are mortgage inquiries, no other inquiries in the last two years)

Too many new accounts (none under a year old)

Too many finance inquiries (I don't even know what these are)

 

My TU score is currently 718 (Fico) with no negs ever, oldest account is 6 years, AAoA is 1.5 years

 

Smiley Sad


 

It looks like their system gagged on the combination of: 1) a five digit revolving credit balance -and- 2) two recent mortgage inquiries, plus other INQ -and- 3) not enough account age (AAoA < 2). I think it was all these things together that put them off. You are accumulating credit a little too fast for their system to tolerate. Eventually they will take you, but it is going to require more patience on your part.

 

Do you have a mortgage now; were the INQ's for a refi? What was the 4th INQ?


Smiley Happy No revolving balances for me - well $28 on one card just for reporting purposes - the rest is my husbands from before we got married that I am gradually paying down.  And yeah, I did wonder if 3 inquiries may be too many even if one of them was from their own company. 

 

I only have 5 accounts reporting - 3 of my own and 2 I am an AU on (the older accounts)

 

I can wait - I just had hoped they would take me but it's ok - i'll keep using and PIF my other accounts

Message 5 of 7
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone have additional recon numbers for Discover More?

Since you don't have much debt (the thermometer chart is confusing) it has to be the thin file.App them first next go around. (After things settle out.)
Message 6 of 7
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone have additional recon numbers for Discover More?


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Since you don't have much debt (the thermometer chart is confusing) it has to be the thin file.App them first next go around. (After things settle out.)

Yeah, my apologies for the thermometer - it just lets me keep track of how much debt "we" (DH) has left for me to pay off - lol

Message 7 of 7