cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have experience with the CSP Price ProtectIon?

tag
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Anyone have experience with the CSP Price ProtectIon?

As the title says, has anyone had any experience with utilizing Chase Sapphire Preferred's Price Protection? Basically if an item is advertising in print or online for a cheaper price than what you bought it for, Chase will reimburse you up to $500 per item.

I was wondering how their process works compared to Citi's or Discover's.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have experience with the CSP Price ProtectIon?

I just used it last month with my CSP! It was a very easy process. I called the number on the back of my card and the rep transferred me to the appropriate section. I had purchased a dishwasher locally and then used the model # to compare prices online. Amazon had the exact same model for $100.99 cheaper! The representative emailed the paperwork, I filled it in, and submitted it. I had a check in the mail two weeks later! Just make sure to have your original purchase receipt, invoice, and the exact item pricing elsewhere to submit. The proof is in the details! ;-) 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just used it last month with my CSP! It was a very easy process. I called the number on the back of my card and the rep transferred me to the appropriate section. I had purchased a dishwasher locally and then used the model # to compare prices online. Amazon had the exact same model for $100.99 cheaper! The representative emailed the paperwork, I filled it in, and submitted it. I had a check in the mail two weeks later! Just make sure to have your original purchase receipt, invoice, and the exact item pricing elsewhere to submit. The proof is in the details! ;-) 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing your experience.  Always good to know that the benefits of these credit cards actually work.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I've actually been reading for a few weeks! I saw this question and registered just to answer it. :-) 

Message 4 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Welcome! And yes thanks for the insight!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 6
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's awesome. Thanks for the info. Glad to hear it was so painless. 

Oh, and welcome to the MyFico! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.