cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have luck upgrading NEW Cap One Venture?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have luck upgrading NEW Cap One Venture?

Hi all!!! Finally approved today for a VentureOne card (and Sony card, why waste a HP!) from CapOne. Sony card gave me $3,000 and VentureOne was $4,000 Platinum. I have two other cards with them (QS1) about to graduate credit steps at a combined $2200.

I've read that some people here were able to immediately upgrade to SIGNATURE AFTER receiving their card and before activation ? Anyone have any experience with this ? I saw one post specifically earlier and would love to know how the OP accomplished this. Just tried chat and the agent said to contact them via chat upon receipt of card and they will "check for upgrade". Chat is so hit or miss though. And to be honest, EO has been mostly a waste with my issues -- they are absolutely clueless and often have no power other than to escalate to underwriting. Most of them are very very aloof sounding, and seem like front line CSRs with a better title. I've gotten almost nowhere with EO in the past.

Any advice on this? I got CLI pretty quick on the other two cards so I'm not super worried but I'd LOVVVVE A VISA SIG!!! Especially after my approvals with Amex 2 months ago at over $10k on two cards. My scores FICO 8 are now all 700-710 but my FICO 04 (which capital one uses sadly!!) are considerably lower at 645-660s. I hate FICO 04 and really think capital one needs to update their UW, being a huge bank.

Anyway -- I've seen it can be done but don't know the best avenue to take. Account supervisor? Chat? The over inflated EO? Thanks in advance all !!!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone have luck upgrading NEW Cap One Venture?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all!!! Finally approved today for a VentureOne card (and Sony card, why waste a HP!) from CapOne. Sony card gave me $3,000 and VentureOne was $4,000 Platinum. I have two other cards with them (QS1) about to graduate credit steps at a combined $2200.

I've read that some people here were able to immediately upgrade to SIGNATURE AFTER receiving their card and before activation ? Anyone have any experience with this ? I saw one post specifically earlier and would love to know how the OP accomplished this. Just tried chat and the agent said to contact them via chat upon receipt of card and they will "check for upgrade". Chat is so hit or miss though. And to be honest, EO has been mostly a waste with my issues -- they are absolutely clueless and often have no power other than to escalate to underwriting. Most of them are very very aloof sounding, and seem like front line CSRs with a better title. I've gotten almost nowhere with EO in the past.

Any advice on this? I got CLI pretty quick on the other two cards so I'm not super worried but I'd LOVVVVE A VISA SIG!!! Especially after my approvals with Amex 2 months ago at over $10k on two cards. My scores FICO 8 are now all 700-710 but my FICO 04 (which capital one uses sadly!!) are considerably lower at 645-660s. I hate FICO 04 and really think capital one needs to update their UW, being a huge bank.

Anyway -- I've seen it can be done but don't know the best avenue to take. Account supervisor? Chat? The over inflated EO? Thanks in advance all !!!

Although it has been relaxed lately the qualification for a Visa Signature is that your credit limit is $5k or greater. Any specific reason why the card has to be a signature?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear about the great benefits of Signature but don't really get it. Is it even worth it? I don't mind gardening the card for a few months but just wanted to see the differences. .
Message 3 of 10
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I hear about the great benefits of Signature but don't really get it. Is it even worth it? I don't mind gardening the card for a few months but just wanted to see the differences. .

I have 2 signature cards and I have yet to use their benefits. Auto collision waiver, lost luggage reimbursement, etc, I get those with several of my other cards. Now, Mastercard World Elite for me is worth it. It gives you National Car Executive status which in my case is great since whenever I travel for work they are our preferred rental car company.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

And what are examples of MC world elite cards ? I have some good Amex cards and still trying to understand the rewards on the Delta Gold. Seems conflicting on reports -- but it's my highest CL now at almost $8,000. Maybe I'll just garden the card and app for regular Venture in 2016
Message 5 of 10
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@jace8602 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 signature cards and I have yet to use their benefits. Auto collision waiver, lost luggage reimbursement, etc, I get those with several of my other cards. Now, Mastercard World Elite for me is worth it. It gives you National Car Executive status which in my case is great since whenever I travel for work they are our preferred rental car company.

Plus all of the benefits found here: https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/find-card-products/credit-cards/world-elite.html

Message 6 of 10
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

FYI: not all VISA sig cards are $5K CLs. I've seen them as low as $1,800.
769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 7 of 10
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Ysettle4 wrote:
FYI: not all VISA sig cards are $5K CLs. I've seen them as low as $1,800.

That's why I said "Although it has been relaxed lately the qualification for a Visa Signature is that your credit limit is $5k or greater."

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe everyone who has went through a Visa Plat -> Visa Sig conversion HAD to go through EO. No one else could do it for them. 

Kdm has also been through this process, and I quote him here: "You need to contact the EO. Be prepared for the process to involve several weeks of back and forth phone calls and hassle but it can be done -- I did this process too." 

(I think kdm is on vacation though)

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe everyone who has went through a Visa Plat -> Visa Sig conversion HAD to go through EO. No one else could do it for them. 

Kdm has also been through this process, and I quote him here: "You need to contact the EO. Be prepared for the process to involve several weeks of back and forth phone calls and hassle but it can be done -- I did this process too." 

(I think kdm is on vacation though)

Had a Platinum MC, QS1 MC and Journey Visa. Once the Journey Visa had attained a $5250 CL I called and had it PC'd to a QS Visa Signature. Right after I got off the phone from the rep, I combined my Platinum and QS1 into the newly PC'd QS Visa, bringing it's credit line to $11,250. Night before last, after I verified that my Venture One was paid off, I combined it into the QS Visa as well, bringing it's CL to $20750. The weird part of this process is that the QS1 MC had been an account that Cap One had acquired from HSBC.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.