cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have multiple Barclays accounts then close one? (website question)

tag
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Anyone have multiple Barclays accounts then close one? (website question)

Just closed my NFL card today. I have a Sallie Mae with them and was wondering when the NFL card would stop showing up. Right now it just says that the NFL card is closed. Do I need to escalate to CS or will it stop showing up after a certain amount of time?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone have multiple Barclays accounts then close one? (website question)

Unless you closed with a balance showing - there is nothing else to do.  Are you asking if the account should not show on your CR?  It will show for 10 years, which is actually good for your average age of accounts.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 2 of 11
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@HeilFico wrote:

Just closed my NFL card today. I have a Sallie Mae with them and was wondering when the NFL card would stop showing up. Right now it just says that the NFL card is closed. Do I need to escalate to CS or will it stop showing up after a certain amount of time?

Thanks!

Don't have a Barclays card but in a few days it should be marked in there system as closed, some processes are handled as batch processes and if something is in process and wasn't noticed and was approved you will see that you have a balance to pay.  After its marked as close, it should remain accessible via the web interface for a few months perhaps a year allowing you easy access to to related documents and statements linked with the account, in case you have a question with prior transactions.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

From what I recall, you have access for 6 months or so, if it is your only Barclaycard, so I imagine it will show on the site for that time unless you request something different.   I opened a SallieMae about a year after closing my Rewards (and used the same login).  Rewards doesn't show any more.

Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

From what I recall, you have access for 6 months or so, if it is your only Barclaycard, so I imagine it will show on the site for that time unless you request something different.   I opened a SallieMae about a year after closing my Rewards (and used the same login).  Rewards doesn't show any more.

+1

I closed an older Barclays CC a while back.  Usually stays on your online profile for ~6 months.

Message 5 of 11
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the replies. My Sallie Mae shows up with the NFL, so I guess I'll expect the NFL to bump off from the website in 6mos or so. 

Message 6 of 11
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

Just closed my NFL and moved that CL to my Arrival, account shows closed but I can still look up statements and transactions from when it was open.

Message 7 of 11
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Recon Department did not want to move my line over due to so many new accounts within the last 24mos....lol

I got approved for 5k on the Sallie Mae. NFL only had $1500 and I never used it. Still would have been nice to have that moved over....

Message 8 of 11
Stralem
Established Contributor

@HeilFico wrote:

Recon Department did not want to move my line over due to so many new accounts within the last 24mos....lol

Well that's something I certainly didn't want to hear. I was planning on closing my own NFL Extra Points card and having the credit line rolled into my Apple card since Barclays has been begging me to use it for balance transfers.

Sigh.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 9 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@HeilFico wrote:

I got approved for 5k on the Sallie Mae. NFL only had $1500 and I never used it. Still would have been nice to have that moved over....

You should eventually be able to move it over after sometime.  Just let the dust settle for a while (don't app or open new accounts) then you can contact them to reallocate the CL and close the NFL one.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.