cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have or ever had a CC with Applied Card/Applied Bank?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have or ever had a CC with Applied Card/Applied Bank?

Just curious if anyone else has ever dealt with Applied? I'm 26 now, they were one of the first credit cards I was ever offered back around 2005 or so when I got my first credit card. It's almost impossible to pay big balances down with them because they charge you a monthly "maintenance" fee of $15 on top of your finance charge. Since my credit limit is somewhat high, the interest coupled with the $15 comes out to about $55. With the minimum payment being $75 a month, I'm only having $20 drop off. It'll take me forever to pay this account off. Should I bite the bullet and try my hardest to pay double payments, like $140, or even a $100 a month?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have or ever had a CC with Applied Card/Applied Bank?

good morning,

Yes I have had a cc with them, and I'm glad i got rid of this card. First build a good credit history so that your credit scores improves, then do what you got to do to get rid of this card. I was paying more money on interest fees and monthy fees then the cc it's self....My CL limit was at $850 dollars. But must say thou, they help me get where I am today. It open up better doors for me, alone with the other sub-prime cards that i had....

Hope this helps...Smiley Happy 

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious if anyone else has ever dealt with Applied? I'm 26 now, they were one of the first credit cards I was ever offered back around 2005 or so when I got my first credit card. It's almost impossible to pay big balances down with them because they charge you a monthly "maintenance" fee of $15 on top of your finance charge. Since my credit limit is somewhat high, the interest coupled with the $15 comes out to about $55. With the minimum payment being $75 a month, I'm only having $20 drop off. It'll take me forever to pay this account off. Should I bite the bullet and try my hardest to pay double payments, like $140, or even a $100 a month?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a secured card with them. I never charged up a debt on the card though. i put up to 50 bucks on the card and PIF. I don't want to use the card anymore but I'm afraid if if I don't they will start charging me some sort of maintenance fee.

Since the new credit card law came out, my 6.55 fee or how ever much it was to make a online payment went away.

That is the only reason I still have this account. I'm only paying the yearly fee of 49 dollars and no more.

My interest rate is also locked into 9.99 and the newer AP cards are 12.99 % I believe.

Message 3 of 5
jeannieavc
New Contributor

I have one with them.  I am only using it to build credit which I have done quite quickly this year.  I plan on closing it in a couple of months becuase the fees ARE high and it takes forever to try to contact a CSR, payments take forever to post, etc.   IMO, Use it to build/re-build your credit and then get rid of it and apply for a real card.  Good luck.

Starting Score: 1/25/10 EQ 568, TU 641, EX (FAKO) 580
Current Score: 9/27/10 EQ 692, TU 736, EX (FAKO) 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
TATATA
Regular Contributor

I had their secured credit card (7 months ago) with an annual fee of $49. My rate was 9.99. The only thing that I did not like about that credit card was that it did not report to equifax - only experian and transunion. The Orchard Bank secured credit card is better as the rate is 7.99 and the $35 annual fee is waived for the 1st year AND they report to all 3 credit bureaus.

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.