Anyone have recent experience with Amex Optima Oasis

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone have recent experience with Amex Optima Oasis

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone have the AMEX EO email address?

Xace

I dont have the number but the phone is (800)-297-6197. You might have to call a couple of times to get them pointed in the direction you want them them to be.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 161 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

anyone been able to get this even with a BK that included them? how could one get back in?

If you BK'd them then the only way to get back in is to pay them and wait 5 years post BK. There have been folks who slipped through the cracks but I beieve they were the exceptions and the BK'd amount was small.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 162 of 238
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey folks, I'm curious if your Optima  Oasis card looks like the one in my signature? I'm asking because after I got my 3x cli I added my fiance on as AU and the new card looks nothing like my card. I tried google images and couldn't find it there either. It doesn't even say Optima on it, it's just a plain blue card that says American Express accross the top. Mine looks like the one in my signature.

Message 163 of 238
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Yup I got the same one as you have in the signature. Not sure why they would send in Amex blue looking card to your wife. 

Message 164 of 238
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know right? I'm not sure how to post photos on here but here's a link to my photobucket. http://s683.photobucket.com/user/pdxgigi3/media/20160125_190217_zpsw5rkgrtj.jpg.html
Message 165 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I know right? I'm not sure how to post photos on here but here's a link to my photobucket. http://s683.photobucket.com/user/pdxgigi3/media/20160125_190217_zpsw5rkgrtj.jpg.html

Did you call Amex and asked why the card is different. Also, did you go online to see if your card is listed as an Optima Card or the f it's been changed.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 166 of 238
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you call Amex and asked why the card is different. Also, did you go online to see if your card is listed as an Optima Card or the f it's been changed.

@Anonymous wrote:

I like look of that card too. Can I have both Optima and this card Smiley Wink

Message 167 of 238
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't ask because, frankly I don't plan on handing it over. This was done purely for the score boost for my fiance. Thanks to back dating this card is nearly 19 years old and has a 6k CL. Next time I get bored, I'll ask them, but it doesn't really matter. Now if it looked like an ED or even a BCP I'd be on the horn with Amex. My card is still listed as an optima and I can see this card on the side as other cards on my account. 

Message 168 of 238
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

sjt

i know it's been a while since you asked about what happens if someone applies within 12 months of getting Optima, well here is what I got from Amex 

Your FICO score

The balances on your credit and/ or charge card accounts are Hugh relative to your income known to us. 

Your credit report indicates that you have one or more serious delinquency or collections accounts and / or derogatory public record on file. 

Your debt with other creditors relative to available credit as indicated by Experian. 

So not sure  if Amex would have approved me if my report was cleaner than now with Optima account less than 12 months old but from the letter it seems they tried to look up and then denied me. 

May any be you can try and you may get lucky. 

Message 169 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:

sjt

i know it's been a while since you asked about what happens if someone applies within 12 months of getting Optima, well here is what I got from Amex 

Your FICO score

The balances on your credit and/ or charge card accounts are Hugh relative to your income known to us. 

Your credit report indicates that you have one or more serious delinquency or collections accounts and / or derogatory public record on file. 

Your debt with other creditors relative to available credit as indicated by Experian. 

So not sure  if Amex would have approved me if my report was cleaner than now with Optima account less than 12 months old but from the letter it seems they tried to look up and then denied me. 

May any be you can try and you may get lucky. 

Based on your letter, Amex does allow you to apply for another account without having to wait 12 months. In the past the letter would have said "recovery card account on record."

what is your utilization.

Message 170 of 238
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.