Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have recent experience with Amex Optima Oasis

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone have recent experience with Amex Optima Oasis

Its not so much on my own cards because all put together it is less than a percent but the card I am AU on, that's maxed out.

I guess Amex is relaxing their criteria to get another card during Optima 12 month period? They still won't let you ask for CLI but who know that may go down too to 6 months eventually.
Message 171 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:
Its not so much on my own cards because all put together it is less than a percent but the card I am AU on, that's maxed out.

I guess Amex is relaxing their criteria to get another card during Optima 12 month period? They still won't let you ask for CLI but who know that may go down too to 6 months eventually.

They have apparently.

PDXGigi had to call in to get a CLI both times she requested it, so maybe you have to call and follow the prompts.

Also, you should call in for a recon. Explain the utilization is due to the AU card and the actual percentage is only 1-2 %. Also explain that you have a perfect payment record for the last xx years. If your still denied write them.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 172 of 238
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@darwin_wins wrote:

They have apparently.

PDXGigi had to call in to get a CLI both times she requested it, so maybe you have to call and follow the prompts.

Also, you should call in for a recon. Explain the utilization is due to the AU card and the actual percentage is only 1-2 %. Also explain that you have a perfect payment record for the last xx years. If your still denied write them.

+1

I've recieved 2 by calling the number on the back of the card and following the prompts, but remembr, I've actaully had my card longer than a year. Never could get the online link to work. 

Edited to say, I have also never been able to get the prequal site stuff to work either. 

Message 173 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@birjest wrote:

It should be completed within the next 30 - 45 days from Dec 28th.  I will keep ya posted....

Any updates on your Platinum Card.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 174 of 238
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Well, I spoke with AMEX today, and my Platinum card has been re-instated.   I have a hard limit of $3,500 for a year, which is fine be me.  I also have the Optima card as well (for those who did not read previous posts).

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 175 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@birjest wrote:

Well, I spoke with AMEX today, and my Platinum card has been re-instated.   I have a hard limit of $3,500 for a year, which is fine be me.  I also have the Optima card as well (for those who did not read previous posts).

Congrats!

I was afraid that since you had the Optima they would make you choose one or the other.

So are they going to reimstate your account and keep the opening date or issue you a new account?

Message 176 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

I just read in another thread that Amex now allows product change on Optima Accounts. Im not sure if there is a waiting period, if there is I would imagine it would be a year.

This is great news.

Data Points (confirmed and unconfirmed)

Confirmed:

Optima cardholders can apply for another Amex product or CLI after 12 months

Cannot have another Amex Account with the 12  month period, although Brjest reported getting his Platinum Card reinstated while having a Optima Card.

Unconfirmed by Amex:

Darwin Wins applied for Amex PRG was not automatically denied for "active recovery card account."

Poster mentioned on another thread that they were told you can PC your Optima Account .

Message 177 of 238
birjest
Frequent Contributor

This is great. I rather PC from Optima, rather that apping for another amex product. As for me, I called Amex, and I was notified that it will be up to 3 weeks before the card arrives. I am going to downgrade to the PRG, for the MR as well as not paying almost $650 for 3 cards. Also, I do not fly and I usually stay at Marriotts or Disney hotels....

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 178 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

I spoke with Amex via Chat session and they confirmed you can now product change your Optima Card after 12 months.

Message 179 of 238
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

I spoke with Amex via Chat session and they confirmed you can now product change your Optima Card after 12 months.

Wow that's amazing SJT did they say what OP might be able to PC too? I hate that I can change mine now but I have to wait until I get my house. I don't want them to accidently HP me or something. 

Message 180 of 238
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.