Did you mean: 

Anyone have recent experience with Amex Optima Oasis

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone have recent experience with Amex Optima Oasis

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

I spoke with Amex via Chat session and they confirmed you can now product change your Optima Card after 12 months.

Wow that's amazing SJT did they say what OP might be able to PC too? I hate that I can change mine now but I have to wait until I get my house. I don't want them to accidently HP me or something. 

I asked what the process would be and if its like applying for a new account. They said no. You might want to contact them and ask if they would pull a HP or SP. I think it they pull it would be a SP.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 181 of 238
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

I spoke with Amex via Chat session and they confirmed you can now product change your Optima Card after 12 months.

Wow that's amazing SJT did they say what OP might be able to PC too? I hate that I can change mine now but I have to wait until I get my house. I don't want them to accidently HP me or something. 

I asked what the process would be and if its like applying for a new account. They said no. You might want to contact them and ask if they would pull a HP or SP. I think it they pull it would be a SP.

I just posted this in another thread, but I got on chat and they told me no PC on this card.  Maybe it's a YMMV thing, but I don't understand why some would be eligible and others not. Also, I haven't come accross one instance  of this happening recently. 

http://s683.photobucket.com/user/pdxgigi3/media/Optima_zpsryw6eoy9.jpg.html

Message 182 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

I just posted this in another thread, but I got on chat and they told me no PC on this card.  Maybe it's a YMMV thing, but I don't understand why some would be eligible and others not. Also, I haven't come accross one instance  of this happening recently. 

http://s683.photobucket.com/user/pdxgigi3/media/Optima_zpsryw6eoy9.jpg.html

Im going to call Amex later today and get to the bottom of this.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 183 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

My friend called Amex and they confirmed they can be eligible for a product change after the 13th statement cuts. However, like with all card products, you still need to be eligible for product changes and you cannot product change to any type of card. There are two ways to product change, 1) wait for an offer and 2) request to change which would entail almost like applying for another product. They did "lift the ban" and now allow Optima accounts to product change.

In addition, you do not have to wait 12-13 months to apply for another product or request a CLI. In fact, the representative mentioned that they were pre-approved for a couple of cards. I do not know exactly what pre-appraval means. Ill start another thread on that.

Message 184 of 238
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got around to actually calling Amex and got a really helpful CR. He went to his supervisor and both of them seemed confused as to why I could not PC this card. My stats are in my sig and I've had the card for several years with no lates. He finally came back and said that it was because Amex no longer offered this card.  This makes no since to me because I hear of people PCing  defunked Amex cards all the time(Zinc). Is it possible that I have the Original Optima card(once they start using for reaastablishing relationships with Amex) and the newer cards are the Optima/Oasis which can be PC'd? I don't and have never seen the words "Oasis" on the website or on my card.  

Message 185 of 238
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

That is so weird. I most definitely have never seen oasis word on theur site. There was a mention on their community pages. When I had called before I was offered Oasis program none of their CSRs knew anything like Oasis program exists.

If this is not your oldest card I guess you should close it or see if EO can help as last resort.
Message 186 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got around to actually calling Amex and got a really helpful CR. He went to his supervisor and both of them seemed confused as to why I could not PC this card. My stats are in my sig and I've had the card for several years with no lates. He finally came back and said that it was because Amex no longer offered this card.  This makes no since to me because I hear of people PCing  defunked Amex cards all the time(Zinc). Is it possible that I have the Original Optima card(once they start using for reaastablishing relationships with Amex) and the newer cards are the Optima/Oasis which can be PC'd? I don't and have never seen the words "Oasis" on the website or on my card.  

Thanks PDXgigi for taking the time to call Amex and sharing your experience!

We can confirm a couple of things:

• It seems that Amex lifted the restrictions on the Optima Card. You dont have to wait a year to apply for a CLI or another card.
  • You do have to wait 12 months for product changes, which is a across the board policy with all their cards.

My theory with product changes (not upgrades) is that it seems you have to be pre-approved for those offerings, which is another across the board thing.

I would contact EO (800) 297-6197 and see if they can get the answer for you.

Message 187 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:
That is so weird. I most definitely have never seen oasis word on theur site. There was a mention on their community pages. When I had called before I was offered Oasis program none of their CSRs knew anything like Oasis program exists.

If this is not your oldest card I guess you should close it or see if EO can help as last resort.

Hi Darwin!

Did you ever get a chance to recon your PRG application?

Message 188 of 238
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

I didn't. My scores are low and I didn't want another product before I got CSP. I am going try for EE this May and hopefully once I get chase cards, I will try Amex again.
Message 189 of 238
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Update, my card was reinstated, and I should have the card by next week.  I have a hard limit of $3,500 though.  I am still on the fence of keeping or downgrading to the PRG. 

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 190 of 238
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.