Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have recent experience with Amex Optima Oasis

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Anyone have recent experience with Amex Optima Oasis

Does anyone have recent experience with the Amex Optima Oasis Card, if so:

1. How long did it take to get the application from the time you paid off the card.
  2. How long did it take to get the card.
  3. What information did they ask for in the application.
  4. Did they SP or HP.
  5. DId they delete the negative Amex tradeline early.
  6. Did they backdate the Oasis Optima tradeline?
  7. Were you able to apply for another Amex product or get a CLI without closing the card.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 1 of 238
237 REPLIES 237
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have recent experience with Amex Optima Oasis

@sjt wrote:

Does anyone have recent experience with the Amex Optima Oasis Card, if so:

1. How long did it take to get the application from the time you paid off the card.
  2. How long did it take to get the card.
  3. What information did they ask for in the application.
  4. Did they SP or HP.
  5. DId they delete the negative Amex tradeline early.
  6. Did they backdate the Oasis Optima tradeline?
  7. Were you able to apply for another Amex product or get a CLI without closing the card.

Sorry I missed this when I answered the older post. Okay here's some new info not entered on the old thread:

1. I paid mine off in a couple months. In the scheme of things,  it wasn't a very large bill. A few thousand if I remember correctly,  but that's why my limit was only 700. 

2. 5 to 7 days.

3. I don't remember the info they asked, but it was relatively easy. They pretty much had all my info from my old platinum.

4.  I don't remember if they SP or HP. 

5. Yes my negative tradeline is already gone. Unfortunately, I didn't pull a credit report until April of this year so I'm not sure when it happened. 

6. Yes, they backdated mine to 1996, but I got my card in 2009. They don't backdate anymore.

7. I went from 700 to 2100 last month. I didn't know they had changed there policy on CLI's so I didn't bother to try before now. 

Message 2 of 238
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@sjt wrote:
4.  Did they SP or HP.
5.  DId they delete the negative Amex tradeline early.

My Optima card was a hard pull and they did delete whatever I owed prior early.  YMMV though.  Are they still offering the Oasis program?  I thought they got rid of it a few years back.

I still remember when I got the email stating that I was approved for their Optima card (this was a few years back).  I was sitting at the airport waiting for a transpacific flight to Asia and I was like Woohoo!  I got in with Amex again! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry I missed this when I answered the older post. Okay here's some new info not entered on the old thread:

1. I paid mine off in a couple months. In the scheme of things,  it wasn't a very large bill. A few thousand if I remember correctly,  but that's why my limit was only 700. 

2. 5 to 7 days.

3. I don't remember the info they asked, but it was relatively easy. They pretty much had all my info from my old platinum.

4.  I don't remember if they SP or HP. 

5. Yes my negative tradeline is already gone. Unfortunately, I didn't pull a credit report until April of this year so I'm not sure when it happened. 

6. Yes, they backdated mine to 1996, but I got my card in 2009. They don't backdate anymore.

7. I went from 700 to 2100 last month. I didn't know they had changed there policy on CLI's so I didn't bother to try before now. 

Thanks for the updated information!

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 4 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

@sjt wrote:
4.  Did they SP or HP.

My Optima card was a hard pull and they did delete whatever I owed prior early.  YMMV though.  Are they still offering the Oasis program?  I thought they got rid of it a few years back.

I still remember when I got the email stating that I was approved for their Optima card (this was a few years back).  I was sitting at the airport waiting for a transpacific flight to Asia and I was like Woohoo!  I got in with Amex again! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the update!

They still have the Optima Oasis Recovery Card Program, but I hear they are phasing it out. Also heard that they are starting to offer reinstatement of your account as an alternative to the Optima Oasis for full payment.

Message 5 of 238
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

@sjt wrote:
4.  Did they SP or HP.

Thanks for the update!

They still have the Optima Oasis Recovery Card Program, but I hear they are phasing it out. Also heard that they are starting to offer reinstatement of your account as an alternative to the Optima Oasis for full payment.

Hmm.. good to know and thank you for that info.  I'm sure it will benefit others who's still looking to get their foot in the door with Amex.

Message 6 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

@sjt wrote:
4.  Did they SP or HP.

Quick question, what was the time frame from the time you paid the Amex account to when they deleted the negative tradeline?

Message 7 of 238
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

@sjt wrote:
4.  Did they SP or HP.

Quick question, what was the time frame from the time you paid the Amex account to when they deleted the negative tradeline?

Sorry for late reply and IIRC it was around 12 months.

Message 8 of 238
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an old Blue Card that I had to let go during the recession.  It's kind of hard to pay your bills after being unemployed for over a year.  The account was charged off, I did pay it off in 2009, and even paid the 1099 that they issued me.  In 2013, I received an Optima Card application stating that I was being invited to apply because of the settlement that they went through, stating that I wasn't informed at the time of my charge off that I might not get approved for another card from American Express.  So I mailed in the application, took about a week to process, it was approved with a $500 limit and they even overnighted the card to me.  Application was standard info, (Social Security number, income, etc.)  It was a hard pull at that time.  My tradeline was scheduled to come off a month after my approval (I had recently been denied another card so I was able to obtain a copy of my experian report)  and the next time I checked, several months later, my old account was no longer on my report.  I didn't bother with backdating as I didn't want to remind Amex of my previous charged off account, it's off my credit and that was good enough for me.  After about a year of perfect payment history with the Optima, I was approved for a Green Card.  After a year of perfect payment history on The Green Card they approved me for both the Hilton Hhonors Card and the EveryDay Card with a 653 Experian score.  I applied online filling out the application that they give current card members and received instant online approvals.  Yes, I still have the Optima Card and all the new cards have a MSD of 2013 the date on my Optima Card.  Now I plan to "garden".

Message 9 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

@sjt wrote:
4.  Did they SP or HP.

Sorry for late reply and IIRC it was around 12 months.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 238
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.