Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have recent experience with Amex Optima Oasis

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone have recent experience with Amex Optima Oasis

@birjest wrote:

My friend, you're absolutely correct.  The Costco was handled by GC Services, which offered the Optima card.  The Platinum is handled by a private law firm, acting on behalf of AMEX which informed me of the reinstatement of the card, with an internal $3k limit.  At the end of the day, I would just closed Optima and regained my Platinum, then downgrade to PRG.

i should have the card by tomorrow.....will keep ya posted.

By accepting the terms of Optima, won't you be ineligible to accept any other cards including restoring your Plat? After you pay off, they are just going to reset your limit? That is very interesting. From what I understoond in the terms from Optima, they will only one application and would probably just deny rest of the applications for one year if I accept the first one and get approved for it.

Good luck! You were in bigger hole but at least you will be given to get your card back!!

Can you post a picture of the card (of course with stuff blurred out so no one can see important info?

@birjest wrote:

My friend, you're absolutely correct.  The Costco was handled by GC Services, which offered the Optima card.  The Platinum is handled by a private law firm, acting on behalf of AMEX which informed me of the reinstatement of the card, with an internal $3k limit.  At the end of the day, I would just closed Optima and regained my Platinum, then downgrade to PRG.

i should have the card by tomorrow.....will keep ya posted.

Message 91 of 238
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would anyone mind pming me the eo address or email or phone or something.  Lol.  I've tried every number in the backdoor numbers and even scoured Google for about an hour today and called every number that way too.  I'm lost as what to do now. No one knows anything about the optima oasis program.  I paid my co last month. It actually posted to the CRA's yesterday.  

Message 92 of 238
birjest
Frequent Contributor

By accepting the terms, I will be ineligible.  However, I wont be applying for another card.  The paying off the balance owed on my card is part of the agreement.  As a matter of fact, the firm informed me that, AMEX wanted to retain me as a member, and by paying my debt, I would be reinstated.  Either way, I would still have an AMEX.  Beside, the Platinum is nice to have, but I do not travel as much.  So either I downgrade to a PRG, or wait a year, CLI, and app for another AMEX.  I am expected to bring my overall Utl down by 60%this same time next year. 

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 93 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Would anyone mind pming me the eo address or email or phone or something.  Lol.  I've tried every number in the backdoor numbers and even scoured Google for about an hour today and called every number that way too.  I'm lost as what to do now. No one knows anything about the optima oasis program.  I paid my co last month. It actually posted to the CRA's yesterday.  

Calling the EO is your best bet. Here is the number, which is on the Backdoor list, 800-297-6197. Keep calling until you get someone that will help you.

Also, Did you pay your Amex in full? How long ago was your account sent to collections? If it was recent you might ask for reinstatement. If you scores are decent and utilization is low you might qualify for a card outright.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 94 of 238
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Calling the EO is your best bet. Here is the number, which is on the Backdoor list, 800-297-6197. Keep calling until you get someone that will help you.

Also, Did you pay your Amex in full? How long ago was your account sent to collections? If it was recent you might ask for reinstatement. If you scores are decent and utilization is low you might qualify for a card outright.

I paid it in full, it was from 2010.  I remember a while back getting letters that said if I paid it I would have the opportunity to regain membership.  But wasn't in a finanacial position at the time.  I paid it off about a month or so ago.  I appreciate the reply. I'll keep calling that number and hopefully someone will know what I'm trying to ask when I mention the Optima Oasis program.  Scores are ok. 660-680 range.  Prolly won't get much higher till all the baddies come off in 2017-2018.  

update....well got someone who knew exactly what I was talking about and found the old offer of reinstatement but just said it was too old and had expired.  Said she could not offer me it because it had expired.  Oh well, halfway there, I guess, at least she acknowledge it existed. LOL.  I'll keep trying.  

Message 95 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid it in full, it was from 2010.  I remember a while back getting letters that said if I paid it I would have the opportunity to regain membership.  But wasn't in a finanacial position at the time.  I paid it off about a month or so ago.  I appreciate the reply. I'll keep calling that number and hopefully someone will know what I'm trying to ask when I mention the Optima Oasis program.  Scores are ok. 660-680 range.  Prolly won't get much higher till all the baddies come off in 2017-2018.  

update....well got someone who knew exactly what I was talking about and found the old offer of reinstatement but just said it was too old and had expired.  Said she could not offer me it because it had expired.  Oh well, halfway there, I guess, at least she acknowledge it existed. LOL.  I'll keep trying.  

660-680 are decent scores. Is the amex debt reflected on your report. What other cards do you have and what is your utilization?

I think you might qualify for a Amex Card outright.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 96 of 238
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

660-680 are decent scores. Is the amex debt reflected on your report. What other cards do you have and what is your utilization?

I think you might qualify for a Amex Card outright.

Anything is possible, I guess.  But will all those baddies from 2010-2011 (about 7 cc co's).  I think I better give it a little more time.  I have paid all of them off and my util is at about 9%.  I'd definately be borderline so gonna let things grow and age and put  some distance since last new account and maybe in about 6 months see where I'm at.  I do appreciate you trying to help out, though.   It's what makes this forum so great, it's like a family.  You gotta stick together and help each other when needed.  

Message 97 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

Anything is possible, I guess.  But will all those baddies from 2010-2011 (about 7 cc co's).  I think I better give it a little more time.  I have paid all of them off and my util is at about 9%.  I'd definately be borderline so gonna let things grow and age and put  some distance since last new account and maybe in about 6 months see where I'm at.  I do appreciate you trying to help out, though.   It's what makes this forum so great, it's like a family.  You gotta stick together and help each other when needed.  

That seems like a good plan. You should still go for the Optima Card though.

Message 98 of 238
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@sjt wrote:

That seems like a good plan. You should still go for the Optima Card though.

Agreed! +1

Message 99 of 238
Anonymous
Not applicable

So here's two questions for my fellow oasis dwellers.  Can other creditors viewing our credit reports tell we have rebuilders? I'm looking at my experian report now and it says American express no meniton of the oasis. While my credit limit is still relatively low.,  I don't think it is as obvious since I got my 3x CLI. 

Also, in regards to the 3x time CLI,  has anyone actually gotten iit after 161 days on the Optima? Note: I'm keeping my Optima because it's my oldest card. Now that there is no back dating, I am in no hurry to apply for another AMEX.

Message 100 of 238
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.