Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have recent experience with Amex Optima Oasis

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone have recent experience with Amex Optima Oasis

@BeEasyMark wrote:

Hi, I just recently paid off my AmEx account that was a charge-off. How do I receive an invitation to get an Optima card?

Thanks.

Darwin_Wins is correct you have to be invited. You could call amex Global Collections and ask for an invitation. The other thing is you might be able to be approved for a regaular card product depending on you current credit situation. I have read they have been approving BCE cards with $500 starter limits for certain rebuilders. If you decide to apply wait 30-60 days from the time you paid off your Amex. This will allow time for Amex to update their records throughout their systems.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 221 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@BeEasyMark wrote:

Hi, I just recently paid off my AmEx account that was a charge-off. How do I receive an invitation to get an Optima card?

Thanks.

I just read your post from another thread. You said on the other thread they made you an Optima Card offer once you pay you old Amex account. You should receive the application within 30 days from the time you paid them off completely. I would call the collections department and nudge them.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 222 of 238
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@BeEasyMark wrote:

Thanks.

I just read your post from another thread. You said on the other thread they made you an Optima Card offer once you pay you old Amex account. You should receive the application within 30 days from the time you paid them off completely. I would call the collections department and nudge them.

sjt - Today marks one year of Optima according to my credit report. I will get 12th statement at some point in this month when should I try for CLI? 

Message 223 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@BeEasyMark wrote:

Thanks.

sjt - Today marks one year of Optima according to my credit report. I will get 12th statement at some point in this month when should I try for CLI? 

It should be one day after your one year anniversary. You should find out the actual date your card was issued. Also, check the FICO score Amex has listed. That is an indicator of when they pulled a SP and the CR they have on record. If your CR has changed for the better then I would wait until they update your reports.

Message 224 of 238
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

The open date is today not sure how I will look up the issue date. As for the scores, they already did one on Sept 28th and it was 738 and now it is 756.

According to EQ open day is 10/9/15

Message 225 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:

The open date is today not sure how I will look up the issue date. As for the scores, they already did one on Sept 28th and it was 738 and now it is 756.

According to EQ open day is 10/9/15

I was referring to the open date.

anyway you have to call in and car would transfer you to the line of credit department, which is closed today. So I would call tomorrow.

Message 226 of 238
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 227 of 238
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

So apparently I screwed up and when I tried CLI request in Sept to see what the results might be, they basically flagged the account for no CLI for next 90 days. So now I have to wait for 90 days to request a CLI.
Message 228 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:
So apparently I screwed up and when I tried CLI request in Sept to see what the results might be, they basically flagged the account for no CLI for next 90 days. So now I have to wait for 90 days to request a CLI.

Did you tell them that you were not aware of the one year period. If not, then you should call them back and let them know and hopefully they can overide the 90 day waiting period. 

Regardless of the wait, Im confident that you will be approved for a CLI and/or a new product.

Message 229 of 238
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Yes I did and the woman was very firm on saying that no matter what the reason you will now have to wait for 90 days.

I believe I will get a new product too but being that I wanted to apply for CSR I will have to wait till I am done with that otherwise I will have to wait till Jan'17 or worse June'17.
Message 230 of 238
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.