Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have recent experience with Amex Optima Oasis

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone have recent experience with Amex Optima Oasis

@davidsawsparks wrote:

I know this is not entirely on topic... but somewhat related. I never had to go through the Optima program. I applied for the AMEX EDP almost a year ago and was instantly approved even though I had a charge off from them almost 2 decades ago. Maybe they forgave me since it wasn't a large amount that I burned them for. Anyhow... they approved me for 2k CL. I tried to do the 3x CLI at the half year mark and was declined... and tried again 3 months after that and was declined. Funny thing though... 1 month after my last decline of CLI, they auto CLI my card to 3k stating because of my good credit. Go figure...

My point being, although I'm sure it's rare. You can still get back into AMEX graces even without the Optima program.

Thanks for the update.

I have been hearing that folks have been getting approved for an Amex Card with a previous unpaid charge off. Data points seem to be charge off amount is small and good credit.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 21 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

What was your credit profile like at the time you all applied for the Optima Card, ie any charge offs, collections, lates, etc?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 22 of 238
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@sjt wrote:

@davidsawsparks wrote:

I know this is not entirely on topic... but somewhat related. I never had to go through the Optima program. I applied for the AMEX EDP almost a year ago and was instantly approved even though I had a charge off from them almost 2 decades ago. Maybe they forgave me since it wasn't a large amount that I burned them for. Anyhow... they approved me for 2k CL. I tried to do the 3x CLI at the half year mark and was declined... and tried again 3 months after that and was declined. Funny thing though... 1 month after my last decline of CLI, they auto CLI my card to 3k stating because of my good credit. Go figure...

My point being, although I'm sure it's rare. You can still get back into AMEX graces even without the Optima program.

Thanks for the update.

I have been hearing that folks have been getting approved for an Amex Card with a previous unpaid charge off. Data points seem to be charge off amount is small and good credit.

@sjt wrote:

@davidsawsparks wrote:

Thanks for the update.

Amex does seem to be more willing to forgive, but it takes time.  I had an Amex account IIBK7 back in 2000, and this April I was able to get approved for a Green card and a BCP.  I have two six-year old COs on my credit report, and Amex reported my EX FICO as 695.  The APR (after promo) on the BCP will be 21.9% and my SL was only $1K, but it was approved.

Also, for what it's worth, I tried to get a CLI and it was denied; the letter stated the denial was due to "...previous negative experience with American Express" (paraphrased).  Further, a few days after I was approved, I logged in online and it started giving me the 'welcome' message with my previous member date of 1995 instead of 2015 as it did right at first.  It seems they might be willing to forgive, but they definitely don't forget.  Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 238
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey folks, I just wanted to update you all that I noticed a  new link when I signed into my Amex account to look at my Optima. I got the free Fico score offer! Check your online account links on the right side of the page.  I heard that some people got the offer, but I had no idea it  would be offered to someone with the Optima/Oasis. 

Message 24 of 238
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey folks, I just wanted to update you all that I noticed a  new link when I signed into my Amex account to look at my Optima. I got the free Fico score offer! Check your online account links on the right side of the page.  I heard that some people got the offer, but I had no idea it  would be offered to someone with the Optima/Oasis. 

Thanks for the update!

This is great news and Im glad to see that Optima Accounts are getting these benefits! I hope they will be able to enroll in Membership Rewards in the near future. 

Message 25 of 238
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update!

This is great news and Im glad to see that Optima Accounts are getting these benefits! I hope they will be able to enroll in Membership Rewards in the near future. 

Fingers crossed that they will. My thought is, once they start allowing rewards a product change is not far behind.  I'm determined not to app for any new cards for a tleast a year. 

Message 26 of 238
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

I was trying to get this Optima card but when I called their collection department they said it was no longer offered. I want to pay off the card but I wouldn't want them to update the credit report with charge off 0 balance and would want to apply for their card. Any idea if there is a way to get the optima or similar card?

Message 27 of 238
Repairman
Established Contributor

@sjt wrote:

Does anyone have recent experience with the Amex Optima Oasis Card, if so:

1. How long did it take to get the application from the time you paid off the card.
  2. How long did it take to get the card.
  3. What information did they ask for in the application.
  4. Did they SP or HP.
  5. DId they delete the negative Amex tradeline early.
  6. Did they backdate the Oasis Optima tradeline?
  7. Were you able to apply for another Amex product or get a CLI without closing the card.

I got the card August of last year. They hard pulled for the card. They did back date the card. A little over a year after having the card, I both got a cli on the card (by request) and applied for another card and was approved, without having to close the Optima. They have not yet deleted any negative tradelines.

Message 28 of 238
Repairman
Established Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

@sjt wrote:
4.  Did they SP or HP.
5.  DId they delete the negative Amex tradeline early.

My Optima card was a hard pull and they did delete whatever I owed prior early.  YMMV though.  Are they still offering the Oasis program?  I thought they got rid of it a few years back.

I still remember when I got the email stating that I was approved for their Optima card (this was a few years back).  I was sitting at the airport waiting for a transpacific flight to Asia and I was like Woohoo!  I got in with Amex again! Smiley Very Happy

How early did they delete it?

Message 29 of 238
Repairman
Established Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

@sjt wrote:
4.  Did they SP or HP.
5.  DId they delete the negative Amex tradeline early.

My Optima card was a hard pull and they did delete whatever I owed prior early.  YMMV though.  Are they still offering the Oasis program?  I thought they got rid of it a few years back.

I still remember when I got the email stating that I was approved for their Optima card (this was a few years back).  I was sitting at the airport waiting for a transpacific flight to Asia and I was like Woohoo!  I got in with Amex again! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the update!

They still have the Optima Oasis Recovery Card Program, but I hear they are phasing it out. Also heard that they are starting to offer reinstatement of your account as an alternative to the Optima Oasis for full payment.

I think that depends on each case and how long you take to pay. I actually ran into trouble with AMEX twice. Many years ago, I ran into trouble and they allowed me to reinstate the account. The 2nd time I ran into trouble, they told me too much time had passed, so they could not reinstate it, but did offer me the Optima.

Message 30 of 238
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.