cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have the LUXURY CARD? (BLACK CARD)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have the LUXURY CARD? (BLACK CARD)

Well, I applied twice in the last 12 months for the black card (just because I didn't mind the AF) but was denied both times for having "sufficient credit"...LoL..think I'll upgrade my Delta Platinum to Reserve and increase my MQMs and get the SkyClub access for free.

Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to stray OT, but I've always thought First Premier should offer a metal card....

they could even add a new "Shiny" monthly fee.

(see how ridiculous the material of the card is now?)

Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get the Ritz card if you want the luxury premium feel. It is the heaviest card out there.
Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Viva-LV wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've wanted this card for a while now but the annual fee really kills it for me. Anyone really get back their AF with the benefits it offers? I really just want it because I'm a carbon fiber junkie and mixed with stainless I'm sure it feels killer. I think I'd get approved for it at 730-760 scores across the board and $125k annual income.

If you can afford the AF, nothing wrong with having an "ego" card!

For an "ego" card, I think it really depends on who you're aiming to impress. If you're trying to say, "hey look how rich I am", probably the only real impressive cards out there are the Centurion and JP Morgan Reserve (formally the Padallium Card) since you need some serious cash/spend to even qualify for these cards (although I know some people who are AU's on mommy and daddy's cards who make next to nothing...). If you're looking to impress bimbos (male or female) who know very little about credit cards, then maybe the Black Card would do the trick to earn a quick hop in the sack (similar to how guys in Miami will place Lamborghini key chains on a bar in hopes to draw in some superficial, gold digger when they really drive a Ford). If you're looking to impress smart, credit knowledgeable folks, then whip out whichever card yeilds the best return and start a discussion. To impress every day folks, I find that people are really impressed with my Amex Plat, although the only time I really use the actual card is when I am on a flight buying a drink or snacks to use up my airline credit. I find it funny that people are impressed by the card in these situations as if I were truly "impressive" wouldn't I be sitting in first class where I wouldn't have to buy these items or not flying ultra low cost airlines??? For me, my ego factor is obtaining the best return on my spend and walking people through how to do it Smiley Happy 

Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Viva-LV wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've wanted this card for a while now but the annual fee really kills it for me. Anyone really get back their AF with the benefits it offers? I really just want it because I'm a carbon fiber junkie and mixed with stainless I'm sure it feels killer. I think I'd get approved for it at 730-760 scores across the board and $125k annual income.

If you can afford the AF, nothing wrong with having an "ego" card!

For an "ego" card, I think it really depends on who you're aiming to impress. If you're trying to say, "hey look how rich I am", probably the only real impressive cards out there are the Centurion and JP Morgan Reserve (formally the Padallium Card) since you need some serious cash/spend to even qualify for these cards (although I know some people who are AU's on mommy and daddy's cards who make next to nothing...). If you're looking to impress bimbos (male or female) who know very little about credit cards, then maybe the Black Card would do the trick to earn a quick hop in the sack (similar to how guys in Miami will place Lamborghini key chains on a bar in hopes to draw in some superficial, gold digger when they really drive a Ford). If you're looking to impress smart, credit knowledgeable folks, then whip out whichever card yeilds the best return and start a discussion. To impress every day folks, I find that people are really impressed with my Amex Plat, although the only time I really use the actual card is when I am on a flight buying a drink or snacks to use up my airline credit. I find it funny that people are impressed by the card in these situations as if I were truly "impressive" wouldn't I be sitting in first class where I wouldn't have to buy these items or not flying ultra low cost airlines??? For me, my ego factor is obtaining the best return on my spend and walking people through how to do it Smiley Happy 

thats true. most people I've met that aren't knowledged think the plat is the same as the centurion lol.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.