cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have the LUXURY CARD? (BLACK CARD)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have the LUXURY CARD? (BLACK CARD)

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've wanted this card for a while now but the annual fee really kills it for me. Anyone really get back their AF with the benefits it offers? I really just want it because I'm a carbon fiber junkie and mixed with stainless I'm sure it feels killer. I think I'd get approved for it at 730-760 scores across the board and $125k annual income.

It's garbage. I have a friend that has one and I give him constant flak for it. At $125k you're not making crazy money (no offense, just being down to earth) to make that kind of card worth it; so it's an ego play that you have to think- is it worth it and do I have the money to back it up? If anything if you're looking for a "killer" feeling card, go with the Ritz Carlton Rewards. It's the heaviest of all the CCs out there I believe. At least with that one, you can justify the $450 AF.

@Anonymous Just because $125k isn't a lot to you coming from the UES, doesn't mean it isn't a lot of money to everyone else. It is 3x the average US annual salary, which is quite a great deal more and something to be proud of. Even if it is considered "average" for that card profile, I'd consider that remark offensive.

Message 21 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've wanted this card for a while now but the annual fee really kills it for me. Anyone really get back their AF with the benefits it offers? I really just want it because I'm a carbon fiber junkie and mixed with stainless I'm sure it feels killer. I think I'd get approved for it at 730-760 scores across the board and $125k annual income.

It's garbage. I have a friend that has one and I give him constant flak for it. At $125k you're not making crazy money (no offense, just being down to earth) to make that kind of card worth it; so it's an ego play that you have to think- is it worth it and do I have the money to back it up? If anything if you're looking for a "killer" feeling card, go with the Ritz Carlton Rewards. It's the heaviest of all the CCs out there I believe. At least with that one, you can justify the $450 AF.

@Anonymous Just because $125k isn't a lot to you coming from the UES, doesn't mean it isn't a lot of money to everyone else. It is 3x the average US annual salary, which is quite a great deal more and something to be proud of. Even if it is considered "average" for that card profile, I'd consider that remark offensive.

sorry about that, maybe I should have just clarified it a bit more; I just don't think at $125k it's worth it to throw away $500, or $1000 for a basically ego card. I tell my friend that makes well into the 400s that its just not even worth it then. $500, $1000 is just a lot of money for a useless card.

meant no harm to be done, which is why I used the term "crazy" money not "a lot of money" or "a good amount of money", 125k is still more than what I make yearly. I'm just putting it into context of people who make enough money to where they can shell out that amount of money for an ego card.

Message 22 of 35
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

What exactly do you get for that fee?

Message 23 of 35
CramEiko
Established Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

What exactly do you get for that fee?

I just scanned the fancies you get with that card. I litterally got this in the mail today and wanted to see what people thought. It looks fancy but so does that 1986 Pontiac Fiero with the Ferrari body kit on it from a far, but its far from good.....  lets see if this works : copy below?

Edited: Not sure how to post a picture of my invite to the Black/Luxury Card. I'll try a direct link to photobucket... First one is outter, Second is the inside of the mailer. It came in a very plain Jane envelope that just said Luxury Card on the outside.

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 24 of 35
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

I had the black card for nearly 3 years and only kept it that long because I've managed to get the AF waived consistently.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, no, and no!!! Get the ritz Carlton card if you want a high end feel. The card comes with some legit benefits. Albeit, no where near the best card in my opinion it is one that actuall offers some benefits for its AF.
Message 26 of 35
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Shogun wrote:

I e shredded this offer 3 times so far.  Comes with a nice offer presentation.

Update,  make that 4 times now.  Just got another offer in the mail today.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 27 of 35
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Barclays and Luxury , is that an Oxymoron?
Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was so confused, I just got a mailer for this card, nice packaging with "You're invited" on the back. APR of 15.74% but I only make 45k a year! Somebody over there must have their wires crossed.  Other than the fact that I can't afford it, I'm waiting until 2020 to get the CSR, my career prospects might allow me to afford that AF by then.

They must be getting desperate if they are targeting me! Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 35
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Just got a mailer for this card just yesterday. So they want me to pay a $495 annual fee just for 1.5% cashback? Nonsense. My QS gets me that free of charge. All the other benefits are matched or exceeded by my CSR. Another one to the shred bin.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.