cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have the new Macy's AmEx showing on their reports yet?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Anyone have the new Macy's AmEx showing on their reports yet?

It looks like the new cards are starting to arrive. I'm guessing that they won't report as AmEx's until the next statement.

I'm awfully curious as to whether they will report just one tradeline with the original opening date or two tradelines, one with the old date and one with the new.

I finally got my BofA World card (whoopee), and everyone here has assured me that it will only report one TL, with the new account number but the old date. I'll find out for sure in a few days when it updates, I guess.

But I don't know if the same will be true with Macy's.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Anyone have the new Macy's AmEx showing on their reports yet?

I'm not pulling my reports until later next month after I pay off my 4 Target cards, my toyota card and another big payment to chase freedom bringing it to 50%.  but I have not had a score watch reporting new account yet so not sure.

Message 2 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Have you had a new statement since getting the AmEx?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

It looks like the new cards are starting to arrive. I'm guessing that they won't report as AmEx's until the next statement.

I'm awfully curious as to whether they will report just one tradeline with the original opening date or two tradelines, one with the old date and one with the new.

I finally got my BofA World card (whoopee), and everyone here has assured me that it will only report one TL, with the new account number but the old date. I'll find out for sure in a few days when it updates, I guess.

But I don't know if the same will be true with Macy's.

Got my new Macy's AmEx last month and it has a Member Since date of 2009 -- when I got my original Macy's Visa.

I pulled all three yesterday and saw no changes in account number, though.  Maybe next month.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeing new Macy's Amex threads posted everyday lowers my self-esteem...wish I was eligible for getting this card (my Citi secured gets me declined automatically) Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Seeing new Macy's Amex threads posted everyday lowers my self-esteem...wish I was eligible for getting this card (my Citi secured gets me declined automatically) Smiley Sad

Why an auto-decline just for having a Citibank secured card?

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Internal policy. You cant get a Citi-backed unsecure card if you have a secured card with them already; once your card graduates, things turn to normal.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Internal policy. You cant get a Citi-backed unsecure card if you have a secured card with them already; once your card graduates, things turn to normal.

Citibank seems crazy.  I can understand in some situations why they'd do this, but to make it a blanket policy seems overkill.

Message 8 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

omg you got your new card already!!! your the first I have heard of... what's it look like? what color do you have, are there 4 levels like the visa?

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

omg you got your new card already!!! your the first I have heard of... what's it look like? what color do you have, are there 4 levels like the visa?

It actually arrived on 8/31, but just received it after having it forwarded to me where I am stationed.

Not sure about their reward tiers, but mine is probably the low-end one as I do not use the card a lot.  It's silver and has Macy's on it with a big red star.  It has the traditional AmEx logo in the lower right corner, but what is unusual is that it has no hologram.  All my other non-AmEx AmEx cards have a little hologram right where Visa / MC / Discover have theirs.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.