Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Moderator Emerita
Posts: 28,095
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Anyone have the new Macy's AmEx showing on their reports yet?

It looks like the new cards are starting to arrive. I'm guessing that they won't report as AmEx's until the next statement.

 

I'm awfully curious as to whether they will report just one tradeline with the original opening date or two tradelines, one with the old date and one with the new.

 

I finally got my BofA World card (whoopee), and everyone here has assured me that it will only report one TL, with the new account number but the old date. I'll find out for sure in a few days when it updates, I guess.

 

But I don't know if the same will be true with Macy's.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,804
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Anyone have the new Macy's AmEx showing on their reports yet?

I'm not pulling my reports until later next month after I pay off my 4 Target cards, my toyota card and another big payment to chase freedom bringing it to 50%.  but I have not had a score watch reporting new account yet so not sure.

Moderator Emerita
Posts: 28,095
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Anyone have the new Macy's AmEx showing on their reports yet?

Have you had a new statement since getting the AmEx?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: Anyone have the new Macy's AmEx showing on their reports yet?

[ Edited ]

haulingthescoreup wrote:

It looks like the new cards are starting to arrive. I'm guessing that they won't report as AmEx's until the next statement.

 

I'm awfully curious as to whether they will report just one tradeline with the original opening date or two tradelines, one with the old date and one with the new.

 

I finally got my BofA World card (whoopee), and everyone here has assured me that it will only report one TL, with the new account number but the old date. I'll find out for sure in a few days when it updates, I guess.

 

But I don't know if the same will be true with Macy's.


Got my new Macy's AmEx last month and it has a Member Since date of 2009 -- when I got my original Macy's Visa.

 

I pulled all three yesterday and saw no changes in account number, though.  Maybe next month.

IAALBNYL
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Anyone have the new Macy's AmEx showing on their reports yet?

Seeing new Macy's Amex threads posted everyday lowers my self-esteem...wish I was eligible for getting this card (my Citi secured gets me declined automatically) Smiley Sad

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: Anyone have the new Macy's AmEx showing on their reports yet?


ifinet wrote:

Seeing new Macy's Amex threads posted everyday lowers my self-esteem...wish I was eligible for getting this card (my Citi secured gets me declined automatically) Smiley Sad


Why an auto-decline just for having a Citibank secured card?

IAALBNYL
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Anyone have the new Macy's AmEx showing on their reports yet?

Internal policy. You cant get a Citi-backed unsecure card if you have a secured card with them already; once your card graduates, things turn to normal.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: Anyone have the new Macy's AmEx showing on their reports yet?


ifinet wrote:

Internal policy. You cant get a Citi-backed unsecure card if you have a secured card with them already; once your card graduates, things turn to normal.


Citibank seems crazy.  I can understand in some situations why they'd do this, but to make it a blanket policy seems overkill.

IAALBNYL
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,804
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Anyone have the new Macy's AmEx showing on their reports yet?

omg you got your new card already!!! your the first I have heard of... what's it look like? what color do you have, are there 4 levels like the visa?

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: Anyone have the new Macy's AmEx showing on their reports yet?


Creditaddict wrote:

omg you got your new card already!!! your the first I have heard of... what's it look like? what color do you have, are there 4 levels like the visa?


It actually arrived on 8/31, but just received it after having it forwarded to me where I am stationed.

 

Not sure about their reward tiers, but mine is probably the low-end one as I do not use the card a lot.  It's silver and has Macy's on it with a big red star.  It has the traditional AmEx logo in the lower right corner, but what is unusual is that it has no hologram.  All my other non-AmEx AmEx cards have a little hologram right where Visa / MC / Discover have theirs.

IAALBNYL

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.