cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having issues with Barclaycard application?

tag
Nadar
Established Member

Anyone having issues with Barclaycard application?

I applied for the BarclayCard Rewards card yesterday and got the 7 to 10 days processing time message. 

I checked the status of my application online and it says "We're sorry, no applications received in the last 90 days match the information entered."

I called up the CSR and I am pretty sure I spoke to a CSR in Philippines. He asked me my details like last 4 digits of my SSN, zip code and last name but still couldn't pull up my application. Then he asked for my full SSN and connected to another agent who was able to pull up the application status and I was told that I was denied the card.

I wonder if they would reconsider my application.

Also I am scared about my SSN, if it is safe to reveal the full SSN to them.

The issue with this is that my friend who lives in another state applied for this card last week and he seems to have had the same issue. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone having issues with Barclaycard application?

I think that you should recon. You already wasted the hp--get your mileage out of it. Also, I have heard that Barclays is really good on recons. And every credit card app that is a HP will require your SSN.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Recon is always the first option just be aware that Barclay will probably do another HP YMMV

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Recon is always the first option just be aware that Barclay will probably do another HP YMMV

Well, really depends on how much you want the card vs how much you view the cost of an HP (including the possibility of HP without getting the card).  Do you know why the application was rejected?  If so, are there reasons that can plausibly be reconned?  If not, you might just be wasting another pull.

IMO: If a lender potentially does a HP on recon (as many do), reconning needs more thought, and is not the first option, nor should it be viewed as you have already taken the hit so nothing to lose.   Basically, it is like a new app, with the knowledge that the probability of success is LOWER than your original attempt, as they have already rejected you.  This is why it makes sense to know the rejection reasons.

Now if you KNOW that no new HP will be done, then I agree, may as well recon, but that seems less common these days.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.