Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone heard of Blaze Credit Card?

tag
ShinyGirl
New Contributor

Re: Anyone heard of Blaze Credit Card?

Reading all that muck, it looks like the fun's on them. One would get confused with all their bogus account names, methods, jack it all off and wind up owing them lots of money on top of money!!

It's their dream. Nightmare for the unwise consumer.
"...what good do your words do if they can't understand you??...."
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

ShinyGirl wrote:
Reading all that muck, it looks like the fun's on them. One would get confused with all their bogus account names, methods, jack it all off and wind up owing them lots of money on top of money!!

It's their dream. Nightmare for the unwise consumer.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too.  That's what I meant by "intentionally complex." Smiley Wink

"Oh, you didn't understand our complex payment system?  So sorry.  That will be $39 in late fees, please."

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Savings Credit Card (AKA)  Blaze (AKA) Cortrust bank (AKA)

I wouldn't waste your time if  I were you. I agree with the first poster its a glorified First Premier Card. My hubbie got the cortrust bank card for over one year and has never had a CLI. All their promos state they will give you a CL up to 1500.00 which is not true. I talked to one of their reps before and they said if anyone has dings in their credit they start everyone out at 300.00 less the $50 annual memb fee plus a one time acceptance $99 fee plus a $72 participation fee. However if you want them to look at your account for CLI's on a regular than you have to join their exclusive savings club when you register and pay addtl 5 bucks a month.

My theory is if anyone has ever had a First Premier card these companies will try to market to you. I noticed when I closed my account with them the direct marketing slowed way down. I did see the blaze offeres though.

Keep your money in you wallet and app with someone else.

Message Edited by ash4557 on 03-13-2008 05:20 AM
Message 13 of 19
ScarletFever
Frequent Contributor

The app I received was for an unsecured card.....
.Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 827. Discover Fic0-826; CK:EQ-821; TU-819; CS-819; Total credit-$165,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-20,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa13,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-9900; Citi TYP-7,700; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Message 14 of 19
NICKI183
Established Contributor

wow you learn something new everyday.  I have never even heard about this company in either name.
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 15 of 19
SWISSOATL
Contributor

I just got one in the mail this week. Immediately looked for the fees and immediatley threw it out!
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats where your money goes, "up in a blaze".Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thats where your money goes, "up in a blaze".Smiley Wink

To funny! Smiley Very Happy
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this card its been very good so far i will be get a increase next month or may you can check back if you like.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.