New Contributor
ShinyGirl

Re: Anyone heard of Blaze Credit Card?

Reading all that muck, it looks like the fun's on them. One would get confused with all their bogus account names, methods, jack it all off and wind up owing them lots of money on top of money!!

It's their dream. Nightmare for the unwise consumer.
"...what good do your words do if they can't understand you??...."
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

ShinyGirl wrote:
Reading all that muck, it looks like the fun's on them. One would get confused with all their bogus account names, methods, jack it all off and wind up owing them lots of money on top of money!!

It's their dream. Nightmare for the unwise consumer.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too.  That's what I meant by "intentionally complex." :smileywink:

"Oh, you didn't understand our complex payment system?  So sorry.  That will be $39 in late fees, please."

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Regular Contributor
ash4557

[ Edited ]
First Savings Credit Card (AKA)  Blaze (AKA) Cortrust bank (AKA)

I wouldn't waste your time if  I were you. I agree with the first poster its a glorified First Premier Card. My hubbie got the cortrust bank card for over one year and has never had a CLI. All their promos state they will give you a CL up to 1500.00 which is not true. I talked to one of their reps before and they said if anyone has dings in their credit they start everyone out at 300.00 less the $50 annual memb fee plus a one time acceptance $99 fee plus a $72 participation fee. However if you want them to look at your account for CLI's on a regular than you have to join their exclusive savings club when you register and pay addtl 5 bucks a month.

My theory is if anyone has ever had a First Premier card these companies will try to market to you. I noticed when I closed my account with them the direct marketing slowed way down. I did see the blaze offeres though.

Keep your money in you wallet and app with someone else.

Message Edited by ash4557 on 03-13-2008 05:20 AM
Frequent Contributor
ScarletFever

The app I received was for an unsecured card.....
July 25, 2014: Trans Union-790, Experian-779; Equifax-774.

FAKOS, Aug 2014: Credit Karma-772; Credit Sesame-779; Credit.com-779.

AMEX EDP-15,000; AMEX BCP-11,500; US Bank Sig Visa-9000; Citi Diamond Preferred-7100; Citi Thank You-6500 Chase Freedom-6500 Discover Cashback Bonus-5700. Gardening until Jan 2014

Goals: 800's across the board; $100,000 in revolving credit. Eventually, compile enough cash to not care about credit scores.
Frequent Contributor
NICKI183

wow you learn something new everyday.  I have never even heard about this company in either name.
Current FICO scores: Mid 500's (5/27/14)
Cap One: QuickSilver, Journey, Platinum
Store: Mandee(auth user), L&T (auth user)m Target
Subprime: First Premier x2, Emblem Bank, Merrick Bank
Contributor
SWISSOATL

I just got one in the mail this week. Immediately looked for the fees and immediatley threw it out!
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Established Contributor
chiwiseguy

Thats where your money goes, "up in a blaze".:smileywink:
Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

chiwiseguy wrote:
Thats where your money goes, "up in a blaze".:smileywink:

To funny! :smileyvery-happy:
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
New Visitor
theris21

I have this card its been very good so far i will be get a increase next month or may you can check back if you like.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+