New Contributor

Re: Anyone heard of Blaze Credit Card?

Reading all that muck, it looks like the fun's on them. One would get confused with all their bogus account names, methods, jack it all off and wind up owing them lots of money on top of money!!

It's their dream. Nightmare for the unwise consumer.
"...what good do your words do if they can't understand you??...."
Moderator Emeritus

ShinyGirl wrote:
Reading all that muck, it looks like the fun's on them. One would get confused with all their bogus account names, methods, jack it all off and wind up owing them lots of money on top of money!!

It's their dream. Nightmare for the unwise consumer.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too.  That's what I meant by "intentionally complex." :smileywink:

"Oh, you didn't understand our complex payment system?  So sorry.  That will be $39 in late fees, please."

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]
First Savings Credit Card (AKA)  Blaze (AKA) Cortrust bank (AKA)

I wouldn't waste your time if  I were you. I agree with the first poster its a glorified First Premier Card. My hubbie got the cortrust bank card for over one year and has never had a CLI. All their promos state they will give you a CL up to 1500.00 which is not true. I talked to one of their reps before and they said if anyone has dings in their credit they start everyone out at 300.00 less the $50 annual memb fee plus a one time acceptance $99 fee plus a $72 participation fee. However if you want them to look at your account for CLI's on a regular than you have to join their exclusive savings club when you register and pay addtl 5 bucks a month.

My theory is if anyone has ever had a First Premier card these companies will try to market to you. I noticed when I closed my account with them the direct marketing slowed way down. I did see the blaze offeres though.

Keep your money in you wallet and app with someone else.

Message Edited by ash4557 on 03-13-2008 05:20 AM
Frequent Contributor

The app I received was for an unsecured card.....
FICOS 2/1/2015:Trans Union-814, Equifax: 813, Ex-812; Post- 5-apps Spree 2/25/2015;TransUnion-803; Equifax-797; Experian-787. Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 803. CK:EQ-812; TU-804; CS-804; Mint-790; Total credit-$161,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-15,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa/Rutgers Alumni-9,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-8600; Citi TYP-7,200; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Frequent Contributor

wow you learn something new everyday.  I have never even heard about this company in either name.

Starting Score: 555/567/570
Current Score: 600 (TU)/576 (EX)/569(EQ)
Goal Score: 680-700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge Gardening Until 8/31/2015
file:///C:/Users/Tanika/Downloads/Gardening%20Mole.gif
Contributor

I just got one in the mail this week. Immediately looked for the fees and immediatley threw it out!
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Established Contributor

Thats where your money goes, "up in a blaze".:smileywink:
Senior Contributor

chiwiseguy wrote:
Thats where your money goes, "up in a blaze".:smileywink:

To funny! :smileyvery-happy:
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
New Visitor

I have this card its been very good so far i will be get a increase next month or may you can check back if you like.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.