Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone heard of...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone heard of...

Comenity bank wanting you to call to get a credit increase? I have went to hit the luv button now for 3 weeks, each time I even attempt, a red box pops up for me to call..

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone heard of...

I wouldn't call.... I've heard to many bad stories about Comenity and CLI... there are a few threads on here about them.

I want a VS credit card and receive a pre-approval offer every time I shop with them but I'm scared of Comenity.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have. Likely verification or seeking more information from you before the approve or deny your CLI request.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't plan on calling, just wondering if I was being singled out, or was it a normal often thing...I understand if I had huge limits, but I don't...

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two possible reasons, 1. You recently got an increase so account isn't eligible. 2. If you have never used the account. There are probably other reason but these I know of.

Message 5 of 11
thummel
Established Contributor

That's is a little strange. Haven't had that happen to me yet.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I had an increase, would it not just let me "try" and then shoot the 7-10 day messsage?

I use the account a lot, but its been at least 3-5 months since last increase...Every Commenity account I have is like this...I can't even attempt to ask for a CLI...Strange..

Message 7 of 11
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

I get the red box if I try to ask for another credit line increase in the same day (overstock card) I also have a pier one card and from the time I got it about a 6 months to a year ago it will always give me the red box to call in if I try an online request BUT if I call in to the automated system I am given monthly increases. The first time I called I was given over 4500 in increases! I call the automated system and when the robo lady asks if I want a specific amount I say no and if the credit increase is granted I hang up and keep calling until denied. I usually get about 500 per call
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind about the number, found it....

Auto bot lady tries to help me...Asks me what I want, I say CLI, she said OK...Askes me to update some info, all good...Then suddenly "Sorry I need to transfer you to a repersenative to complete this action"...

Starting to make me wonder if something bad is happening...not gonna call and talk tho..

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no problem getting cli with comenity my problem is snychrony. They will not budge at all...no cli at all in over a year. Yet during the same time comenity has given several cli. Makes no sense to me.

The first time I requested a cli with VS I had to speak to someone. They just verified my address, I had just moved. So maybe they just need some basic info from you?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.