cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know anything about Kay Jewlers? PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know anything about Kay Jewlers? PFD?

I have an old account from kay jewelers that went into collections and i paid them after the fact, account was closed 01/01/2004. does anyone have a number i can call to maybe reactive the account and ask if they can remove the lates and i can start over again? or maybe an email address when i can email a Gw letter? please if you can provide me with some insider info it would be great. Account has 30,60,90,120,120 days late showing and its killing me.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone know anything about Kay Jewlers? PFD?

Did you pay the Original Creditor or the Collection Agency?

Does the account now report as PAID or does it still show an unpaid balance?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid kay jewelers, it says account closed, (Credit line closed / not paying as agreed) balance is $ 0

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a Collection Agency also reporting this, or is the OC reporting "Collection/Charge Off?"

If it is only the OC, you may try the Good Will letter, since you paid in full.  You cannot DV on an OC like you do to a CA.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No there is not CA, the OC is reporting and they are reporting:

Account type: Revolving Charge Account

Payment status: Credit line closed / not paying as agreed

Comments : Credit line closed-grantor request-reported by subscriber

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your credit report should have a "CREDITOR" section with contact info at the end.  Look for Kay's and send a Good Will letter.  Be sure to reference the account number.  There are some great GW letter examples in the forum.

As for reinstating your account, you can ask, I am not sure, but you never know till you ask.  If they won't reinstate, they may still GW for you, which will remove the derog.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.