cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know how long it takes Amex to report to Ex?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know how long it takes Amex to report to Ex?

New card.

First statement cut and was paid same day, July 2nd.

Anyone know when EX will see that the card exsists so it will affect my CR?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Anyone know how long it takes Amex to report to Ex?

Took two and a half months on mine. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Took two and a half months on mine. Smiley Tongue

Mine too.

I'd expect to see it hit your CRs sometime after your second statement cuts (and the balance reported will be the one from your FIRST statement).

I'm waiting for my AmEx Blue to report - second statement due a week from now, so I'll be avidly checking to see the account appear on my credit reports after that.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jubeyy wrote:
New card.

First statement cut and was paid same day, July 2nd.

Anyone know when EX will see that the card exsists so it will affect my CR?

Thanks.

Amex typically reports nearly a month after the statement cuts, just a few days before the next statement.  So, if your statement date is the 2nd of each month, expect them to report around the 28th or 29th of each month.

Since your first statement cut on July 2, I'd look for them to report around July 28 or 29.  Then again, as the others have posted, Amex quite often doesn't report at all until after the second statement cuts, so you may even be looking at the end of August before it shows up.

Message 4 of 8
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I opened my Amex Gold 5/7, and the first statement cut 5/27 at $125 with the AF (which later got waived). I had expected 0 since I had PIF'ed.

I got my Creditkeeper FAKO 7/3 and it finally shows on TU only with the $125 as high balance. It seems to be showing properly with a blank space for credit limit.

I'm going to wait until after 7/11 to pull another FICO, but it seems that 2 1/2 months is about right.

The Costco Amex was opened 6/8, with first statement cut 7/3 with a balance of $73 which I PIF'ed yesterday. It is nowhere to be seen on reports or alerts as of today.
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaysdad2k wrote:
I opened my Amex Gold 5/7, and the first statement cut 5/27 at $125 with the AF (which later got waived). I had expected 0 since I had PIF'ed.

I got my Creditkeeper FAKO 7/3 and it finally shows on TU only with the $125 as high balance. It seems to be showing properly with a blank space for credit limit.

I'm going to wait until after 7/11 to pull another FICO, but it seems that 2 1/2 months is about right.

The Costco Amex was opened 6/8, with first statement cut 7/3 with a balance of $73 which I PIF'ed yesterday. It is nowhere to be seen on reports or alerts as of today.

This is consistent with what I posted above.

Amex Gold opened 5/7.  First statement 5/27.  Most likely reported 6/23 or so.  You saw it on your report on 7/3.

Costco Amex opened 6/8.  First statement 7/3.  Most likely will report 7/29 or so, so you will probably see it for the first time in early August.

Message 6 of 8
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Cheddar!
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you cheddar...and everyone. so i guess i will wait until my CR next month to see any change in score/util. .
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.