cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know if MoneyGram or Western Union Report on Credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone know if MoneyGram or Western Union Report on Credit?

Im not even going to argue with them at this point. The woman was completely clueless. I have the receipt and it has it also on the website. She looked at that and said why did the agent increase it. I said I dont know but I shouldnt be charged for the mistake. She proceeded to tell me my account is terminated and I owe the money.

Message 11 of 24
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

You left out all the details when you asked the question....

Now that we kind of know what happened, I would change my answer to a yes.

Well maybe it won't be MoneyGram themselves -- but if they think you owe them money they won't hesitate to send it collections, and collections can and will report.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my second post I  attempted to clarify. If they dont report then they would have to hand it to some other company. If anything appears it will be disputed immediatly.

Message 13 of 24
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yeah I'm pretty sure that they are going to come after you for the money since they paid it out to someone. I hope that you have paperwork showing that you intended to send the smaller amount of money.

How much money did they give out ? Was it like $400 instead of $40 ?
Or closer to $5000 instead of $500 ??
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The extra 0 took it from hundreds to thousands. Talked to a supervisor and there going to write it off.

Message 15 of 24
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

The extra 0 took it from hundreds to thousands. Talked to a supervisor and there going to write it off.

Good, well I hope this means that they will leave you alone about it.   I would ask the supervisor to send you something in writing indicating that it was their mistake and that they won't hold you responsbile.   Just in case someone comes after you for the money later on.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have her name, direct contact number, and company number with extension. She did say she will get back to the bank with their documents. The agent before her said it will go to their retention department. I asked both of them if they report to credit and both said no. So I guess the retention dept is more or less a harassment dept. I did a bit of researching online about their practices and find that my case is far from rare. I will never do business with them again.

Message 17 of 24
john398
Senior Contributor

theres also a lot of money fram and western union scams where someone sends you a check for too much and than asks you to wire them the extra, be careful there

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@john398 wrote:

theres also a lot of money fram and western union scams where someone sends you a check for too much and than asks you to wire them the extra, be careful there

Well this was a friend that was sent the money. The agent told him he couldnt take a part of the money and that he had to take it all. Thats when I got notice that it was more than what I sent. We will use paypal or something else from now on. I cant imagine WU is any better with this.

Message 19 of 24
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Well this was a friend that was sent the money. The agent told him he couldnt take a part of the money and that he had to take it all. Thats when I got notice that it was more than what I sent. We will use paypal or something else from now on. I cant imagine WU is any better with this.

Ok, an alternatice is Chase Quick Pay but you have to set up the account in advance but not sure you have a chase account

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.