cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know more about this jump for me?

tag
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

Anyone know more about this jump for me?

Im to cheep to buy a fico right now but my credit karma score just jumped 72 points cause i paid off 3 of my cards and now the last card will show only a small balance and report in the next few days, which probably will be another some points. My score went from 566 in sept and today its 638, anyone know how close this is to my fico? I really dont feel like spending $20 right now. Almost done with the building and fixing process, probably about the 6month mark right now. I have 4 cc's, a few auth users, 2 derogs gonna fall off sometime in 3013, currently 6th month of student loan deferment, so im just about at the big turning point for me-just not sure how close yet. I just started relationships with NFCU and USAA banks with just accounts, since my brother is in the airforce. That about sums up my cc life and im wondering with this jump is there anything i can do at the moment? Im to scared to apply for stuff without any help from u guys, i want to time it just right and am pretty anxious at my results cause ive worked real hard so far to even get to this point all thanks to everyone here that has helped me out just about 6months ago when i started.

EQ-784 TU-777 EXP-772 12/11/15

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
New cards 12/12-NFCU-MC(18.5k), Simplicity(9.2k),Slate(7.5k),Amex(3.8k)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone know more about this jump for me?

ScoreWatch is free for 10 days here. Includes an Equifax FICO and you can cancel anytime before the 10 days and you will not be charged. There's almost no reason not to do it unless you have used the trial already.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 15
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

@sphinx313 wrote:

ScoreWatch is free for 10 days here. Includes an Equifax FICO and you can cancel anytime before the 10 days and you will not be charged. There's almost no reason not to do it unless you have used the trial already.

Yeah sorry i wasted before. Im not buying until im trully done with everything. maybe even then i wont need to because im gonna try and get it free from walmart and dcu.

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
Message 3 of 15
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Legions36 wrote:

Im to cheep to buy a fico right now    2 derogs gonna fall off sometime in 3013

Fico has a Free trial remember the TU fico here is not worth it since it's a score from a model almost no one uses. (TU98 you want TU04)  And their EQ 04 score they sell here has a 10 day free trial. And if your REALLY cheap get a digital credit union savings account, only costs you like $15 to join, and you'll have a free fico 04 EQ score every month. (same one they sell here) Dcu's also a great credit union to get in with as your rebuilding.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 15
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Legions36 wrote:

@sphinx313 wrote:

Yeah sorry i wasted before. Im not buying until im trully done with everything. maybe even then i wont need to because im gonna try and get it free from walmart and dcu.

damn it don't say you know about dcu as i'm writting out my post Smiley Tongue  hehe jk

Message 5 of 15
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Legions36 wrote:

Fico has a Free trial remember the TU fico here is not worth it since it's a score from a model almost no one uses. (TU98 you want TU04)  And their EQ 04 score they sell here has a 10 day free trial. And if your REALLY cheap get a digital credit union savings account, only costs you like $15 to join, and you'll have a free fico 04 EQ score every month. (same one they sell here) Dcu's also a great credit union to get in with as your rebuilding.

Yeah i used the free trial and i didn't know all i had to do was signup for dcu savings account and i could get that. Thanks im gonna join tommorrow, i only joined 2 others this week. 

Oh just to clarify im not cheep at all, i don't mind paying for it if i have too i just think its not worth it to buy right now would just be a waste.

Message 6 of 15
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Legions36 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@Legions36 wrote:

Yeah i used the free trial and i didn't know all i had to do was signup for dcu savings account and i could get that. Thanks im gonna join tommorrow, i only joined 2 others this week. 

Oh just to clarify im not cheep at all, i don't mind paying for it if i have too i just think its not worth it to buy right now would just be a waste.

yea they state you need a credit card or a loan out with them but that's not the case , I verified since I'm a member. I dropped $200 in there and letting it rot occassionally poking it with a few more dollars each month lol.

also nice date for your derogs to fall off in only 1001 years  =)

Message 7 of 15
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Legions36 wrote:

@sphinx313 wrote:

damn it don't say you know about dcu as i'm writting out my post Smiley Tongue  hehe jk

Oh man disantarray i praise u, what i could do with a 55k credit line would change my life. I know exactly what and how to use it right, i know this for sure i will never be late or miss a payment again while im around.

Message 8 of 15
sphinx313
Established Contributor

There's the first step in the right direction. Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 15
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Legions36 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@Legions36 wrote:

@sphinx313 wrote:

Oh man disantarray i praise u, what i could do with a 55k credit line would change my life. I know exactly what and how to use it right, i know this for sure i will never be late or miss a payment again while im around.

jus keep at it my score was worse than yours last year =)

also did you dispute something recently? if you dispute something it doesn't get factored into your credit scoring for a month while in dispute. that could cause a score spike.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.