cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know when Chase does there annual review?

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Anyone know when Chase does there annual review?

Opened a Card with Chase on 3/28/12 does anyone know if they review cards at statement dates or anniversary dates? had a small limit on this paticular card of $500 (was on a recon of initial decline) just wondering if they do review the card is it on anniversary date or after so many statementsIf its

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone know when Chase does there annual review?

@john398 wrote:

Opened a Card with Chase on 3/28/12 does anyone know if they review cards at statement dates or anniversary dates? had a small limit on this paticular card of $500 (was on a recon of initial decline) just wondering if they do review the card is it on anniversary date or after so many statementsIf its

Chase does periodic reviews on all their accounts.  You may see them in the form of SPs on your credit file in addition to their internal account (promo/marketing, risk-scoring, etc.) reviews.

When it comes to an "anniversary date" though, there is really no steadfast rule for evaluating an account on just that factor alone.  Essentially, if your account is in good standing and elegible during any period for any auto-CLI, it will display online or on your statement.  However, for any customer-initiated CLIs, a HP will occur 99% of the time.

If you decide to request a CLI, be prepared for the HP.  If declined, you have the option to have it reconsidered.  Just be aware of any items on your credit file beforehand in the event you need to provide a solid rebuttal on any keypoints/questions that they may ask.

Message 2 of 13
mauve
Valued Contributor

I just pulled my Experian report at the beginning of the month and I had 2 AR pulls from Chase. One was in December, the other in February. I don't know if they just do it that often, or if it's because I have 2 cards with them....

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I believe its every 6 months. I received an auto CLI at 6 months and did see a SP on EX.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 13
pakman92
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
I believe its every 6 months. I received an auto CLI at 6 months and did see a SP on EX.

+1.  i've also heard that it's every six months.  Having said that I've never received an automatic CLI from chase.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 5 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@pakman92 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

+1.  i've also heard that it's every six months.  Having said that I've never received an automatic CLI from chase.

They do it more frequently than 6 months in some cases. I got an auto-CLI after only 3 months.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 13
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Chase has sp my EX report a few times but until now no auto cli. Really using their cards heavily in hopes that one day they would show me some luv. Smiley Sad 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 7 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

Chase has sp my EX report a few times but until now no auto cli. Really using their cards heavily in hopes that one day they would show me some luv. Smiley Sad 

How new are your cards? Chase doesn't seem to give auto-CLIs as freely if you've opened accounts within the past 6 months or so. I'm guessing that from their perspective, you've already gotten a CLI in the form of a new card.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 8 of 13
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

How new are your cards? Chase doesn't seem to give auto-CLIs as freely if you've opened accounts within the past 6 months or so. I'm guessing that from their perspective, you've already gotten a CLI in the form of a new card.

Well my CSP is almost 1 month old. I meant on my Freedom. I had that card for almost an year in April but no auto cli. I had to take an hp to get it where it stands now. Still not urging for one since Chase has been nothing but generous with me despite my short credit history. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 9 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

Well my CSP is almost 1 month old. I meant on my Freedom. I had that card for almost an year in April but no auto cli. I had to take an hp to get it where it stands now. Still not urging for one since Chase has been nothing but generous with me despite my short credit history. 

The CSP is likely the issue. Since it's so new, they've probably haven't considered your Freedom for a CLI.

From Chase's perspective, your overall exposure to them has just grown by 5k via the CSP. I highly doubt they're going to give you an auto-CLI on top of that anytime soon.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.