Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone on app sprees lately?

tag
ccaddict
Regular Contributor

Anyone on app sprees lately?

With the credit situation really down everywhere.. I was wondering if anyone still decided to plunge in stormy seas for an app spree or mini app sprees.

I went for a Buy.com Chase, Capital One, Discover and BoA app with a Hooters hard pull cli request.

Got the Buy.com Chase for 2k, Cap1 with a 1k limit, Discover 1k and 30 day notice on BoA. Reject on the Hooters cli. Going to cool my heels for a while now.

Last spree was 6 months back in May/June when I got a Citi 3.5k, Wamu 2k and Amex 2k approvals in like 3 days.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Anyone on app sprees lately?

I'm just after business cards right now!
Message 2 of 8
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

I did. I am 4 for 5!

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I went stir crazy last with the apping.

Biz Cards  

BOA Biz card - 30 Day

Chae Biz - Received App

SAMS Premier LOC - Declined

Dell $5k CC $20K Lease

Sams Discover $10K

Personal

GEMB / Walmart $1600

GEMB / Paypal $1600

Sovereign Amex $7800

UMB - 30 day

Citizens - 30 day

GEMB / Amex - App Received

Message 4 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

i'm about 50/50 with my apping.  trying to resist apping for more.
Message 5 of 8
itsjustmeibe
Regular Contributor

I went for 5 on Friday:

Lexus (pulled TU) , said it takes 2 weeks for decision

WAMU (pulled TU), $5,000 instant

Wells Fargo (pulled EXP), $9,000 next day it showed up on my online acct, (I have a mtg with them)

Citi (pulled EQ) $3,000 instant

Bank of America (pulled EQ - came up First USA- Chase) checked for offers, Accepted offer of $7,000 instant

FICO Scores of 730, 736 & 732 (pulled after the applications) EQ was 747 prior to applying.

Message 6 of 8
scottie_mommy
Regular Contributor

I was on a mini app spree, trying to get my credit mix right. I am done for now (hopefully until March when I will try to refi my auto and help fiance get a new car as well).

New Cap One MC- CL$1k (combined with existing line of $500)

Lowes- initial CL of $700, 2 days after recieving it called and asked for increase, up to $1100

Target Red- $200 (woohoo lol)

Orchard Bank-CLI of $100 (with a fee of $25, they waived half the fee so 12.50)

BofA CLI requested and grandet of $800

Sears CLI requested and granted of $600

Also, applied for Hooters, Chase, Carnival SeaMiles and CLI on Care Credit and Discount Tire...those were my no-nos. 

Waiting on response for Visa/MC from SSFCU (I have had my fingers and toes crossed for days.)  After this, I'm done for a while.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

We just closed on our house on the 7th, so we're trying to get all our credit ducks in a row before the new mortgage hits and our scores potentially tank.

We got a 35k car loan through our credit union, 8500 CL from Home Depot, and 5k CLI from BAC. We're done...for now Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.