cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone over $10K Sam's Club or Lowe's??

tag
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone over $10K Sam's Club or Lowe's??

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
My hhi is $100k+.

GECRB has income based credit lines I think. I know my mac cl for my income for my JCP acct is $4900.
Does the denial reason say s'thing about "fixed maximum credit line"??

No, nothing to that end.  Actually nothing at all as far as reasons, just remember them stating it was a policy reason.  Maybe I am maxed out.

Message 11 of 17
riker20
New Contributor

Applied in April, approved for 8400. Increased in August to 12k

NFCU Flagship - 50k | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 38k | AMEX BCE - 29.3k | Best Buy Store Card - 21k | Furniture Row - 19.7k | Lowes Card - 16k | NFCU LOC - 15k | Amazon Store - 12k | Macy's - 6000
Message 12 of 17
guydiver
Established Contributor

I'll give them a call next week after my reports update.  They usually look at TU, but they also have "old" reports they use, at least from their front line CSR's. I'll  probably end up talking to underwriting I suspect.  I'll ask for 12K and see what happens.  Don't need that much, just working on utilization and don't want any hard pulls. Thanks to all.

Message 13 of 17
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I got the same message for a few months. I finally rang to ask what it meant and the customer service representative quickly and happily transferred me to an analyst. She said she could not explain the letter but could manually put through a request and she approved it from 2500 to 5000 in a few short minutes. Maybe automated system has some restraints on what they allow it to do.

Message 14 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah... I was at 8500, and I wanted to get mine to $10k...so I called uw for the first time and just randomly spouted out that I wanted to cli it to $12k thinking they would counter offer lol, and then they approved the whole $12k haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It has def helped my util. a few percentage points too. I really don't even like Lowe's, but if/when I purchase a home in the future, it'd be great to help with a remodel lolll
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 17
guydiver
Established Contributor

I called one of the back-door numbers yesterday for Sam's.  Turns out that was the fraud dept.  She transferred me to another number that is not on the back-door list.  It was an automated CLI recording.  I asked for increase to 12K,  didn't get it.  Letter in the mail. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.