Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone over 25k on Amex w/out 4506-T

tag
EddieK
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone over 25k on Amex w/out 4506-T

Just asked for a 3X CLI tonight...$10500>$31500.  Didn't ask for any documentation.

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 7.57.15 PM.png

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 21 of 40
js0319
Established Contributor

Went for CLI today - $24.8k to $34.8k on AMEX EDP w/ no request for documentation. Immediately after I put in a request for DW - $24k to $34k on AMEX BCE w/ no request for documentation. I usually run about $1,000-1,500 through my card every month, DW runs between $100-1,000 through hers, and total household income is $111k. I've had my card almost 2 years and I started at $15k, and been with AMEX for almost 3. DW started at $4k, and has been with AMEX for about a year and a half. As mentioned before, I think it may have more to do with history, overall income, and spend more than a hard CL amount.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 22 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEX and Chase were my first cards. They asked for the form when I wanted apped for the Blue card. So I upload, they reviewed it and all is wel. My SL at that time was 6k. They will ask for it whenever they want.
I don't think it's set in stone. I'm at 23k with them right now and have approved me for every card I've applied with them. I have a total for 5 including small business one.
Message 23 of 40
redpat
Senior Contributor

These forums just kill me.  I see individuals that charge 800 - 1000 a month and have many other cards with large limits wanting a larger limit on their Amex  for no reason.

This game of credit card accumulation and clis are crazy.  All this utilization paranoia is another issue that I only see here.

My Amex EDP was originally approved for 12k and charge 2k - 3k a month and have not hit the button because I have other cards in the same range or higher anyway.  I think it's laughable when some think just because one card is at 25k they all need to be.

Enough with my rant, everyone have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 24 of 40
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

Currently at 46,800 without one. My last 3X CLI they did counter though.
Message 25 of 40
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Mattopotamus wrote:
Currently at 46,800 without one. My last 3X CLI they did counter though.

Nice.  Is that your only Amex card?  I might as well try higher than 35k and if I am countered or asked to submit form, I will either lower and repeat or just submit document.  Also, any other data points you could share would be appreciated.

Message 26 of 40
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

These forums just kill me.  I see individuals that charge 800 - 1000 a month and have many other cards with large limits wanting a larger limit on their Amex  for no reason.

This game of credit card accumulation and clis are crazy.  All this utilization paranoia is another issue that I only see here.

My Amex EDP was originally approved for 12k and charge 2k - 3k a month and have not hit the button because I have other cards in the same range or higher anyway.  I think it's laughable when some think just because one card is at 25k they all need to be.

What kills me is when people post rants in a thread that's requesting specific information and think the rest of us actually give a f@*&*!  Lol

Have a great holiday weekend. Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 40
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

What kills me is when people post rants in a thread that's requesting specific information and think the rest of us actually give a f@*&*!  Lol

Aren't forums great.......You are right noboby gives a sh%*, lol!

One more point because I feel like ranting today and I already know nobody gives a......, remember when you use your cards nobody knows your CL except yourself so if it really makes you feel good to know that you have a 30K limit instead of a 15K and you only charge $1,000 a month good luck, maybe it's to put in your sig, lol!

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 28 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Some of you are rude! 

If you don't care (nice way of saying it) then why are you in here posting to this thread? 

@uncleb check out the comments here please! 

Message 29 of 40
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Aren't forums great.......You are right noboby gives a sh%*, lol!

One more point because I feel like ranting today and I already know nobody gives a......, remember when you use your cards nobody knows your CL except yourself so if it really makes you feel good to know that you have a 30K limit instead of a 15K and you only charge $1,000 a month good luck, maybe it's to put in your sig, lol!

Lmao...I believe you've completely overlooked the reason for having large credit lines. Monthly spend is one thing. Let's say my HVAC system goes out and I need a new one. For a really high tech one we're talking $12k to $15k. If all you have is a $15k limit.. you're going to max it out. Some companies won't let you split the bill between two CC's .

Sure you could finance it other ways. Others ways doesn't get me cash back though. I'd rather have the spending power when I need it than not have it at all. And capitalize on my miles or cash back.

Moral of this story , normal monthly spend has nothing to do with spending power. I'm not scared to bet. You have folks in this forum with less than $2000 a month in monthly spend. Their spending power is up into the hundreds of thousands if they so choose.

Why not have cards that allows you to use your spending power?

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.