Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone over 25k on Amex w/out 4506-T

tag
satasat360
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone over 25k on Amex w/out 4506-T

babson wrote:

I have the BCP and spend probably about 800-1k a month on the card.  Currently limit is 25k and this coming Tuesday will be 6 months since last CLI.  I will most likely ask for 35k.

Shouldn't be a problem, good luck

Starting Score: 669
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 40
krielly
Established Contributor

I put in a CLI request on my BCE a couple months ago (attemped an almost 3x CLI)

Requesting a 36K limit resulted in a 4506-T, which I completed and sent in (nothing to hide).Well.........seemed to get stuck in 4506-T heaven, and never heard anything further for a month. so..........I put in another request, this dropped it down to 34K - instantly approved.

go figure.........

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 12 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@babson wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
My sentiments exactly with others who already chimed in. I see in most cases if you are new to Amex then chances of triggering income verification is more. It looks like Amex goes by card usage and payment history. Ofcourse if you just buy pack of chewing gums monthly and ask for 25K CLI, it's clear candidate for 4506-T!! Just saying....

I have the BCP and spend probably about 800-1k a month on the card.  Currently limit is 25k and this coming Tuesday will be 6 months since last CLI.  I will most likely ask for 35k.

You will be fine! All the best Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 40
becontent
New Contributor

My wife was at 25k with her BCE.  We asked for a CLI to 35k and it immediately requested the 4506-T.  Within minutes, I submitted a 2nd request to 30k instead and it was instantly approved.  Same thing happened with my SPG, as  it was at 20k. I requested 35k and they requested 4506-T.  I did it again right after for 25k and it was approved.  

I have 55k across all my Amex credit cards (x4) and my wife has 45k (x2).  I hope this helps. 

I think I'm gardening now...
Message 14 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

well <35k for a single amex card seems to be the magic number. 

...as always ymmv!

Message 15 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, 30K
Message 16 of 40
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I immediately went back in and ask for a lower amount, until that amount was accepted. I thought they would counter offer..no such luck though.
Message 17 of 40
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

35k on my BCP and no 4506-t. Almost time for another cli attempt. I also have a PRG. Not sure how that works into the equation if at all.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 18 of 40
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@krielly wrote:

I put in a CLI request on my BCE a couple months ago (attemped an almost 3x CLI)

Requesting a 36K limit resulted in a 4506-T, which I completed and sent in (nothing to hide).Well.........seemed to get stuck in 4506-T heaven, and never heard anything further for a month. so..........I put in another request, this dropped it down to 34K - instantly approved.

go figure.........

K

This happened to me, three times.   First time they didn't receive the form from the IRS in time, so I resubmitted with a lower figure, still nothing, so I tried again.   I gave up, and about three months later I got an auto CLI putting me at the middle figure.

Message 19 of 40
EW800
Valued Contributor

If I can piggyback on his thread.... Smiley Happy

My six months since last increase will be coming up in about 10 days. I have an ED with a limit of $28K and and old Gold Optima card with a CL of $12.5K, therefor my total exposure with Amex is currently just over $40K between the two accounts. Would it be safe to request a CLI on the ED account, or could that be dangerous given the combined CL of these two accounts?

Thanks!
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.