cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone receive a letter from CareCredit??

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Anyone receive a letter from CareCredit??

Outlining changes in how they charge interest?? Im curious if its some kind of AA against me..

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone receive a letter from CareCredit??

@LS2982 wrote:

Outlining changes in how they charge interest?? Im curious if its some kind of AA against me..

I can't recall anything recently. What changes were listed?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 6
RyVision
Valued Contributor

My mother got that letter. They've never used the account, it's around 6 years old. I don't know if they ever even sent a card. The letter was about interest, not a big deal that I recall and I highly doubt it was any kind of AA.

I can check with her later today to see what it's about, I read it and nothing struck me as odd or I'd remember (believe me). I remember it being along the line of a standard update of terms letter regarding interest.

I was frankly surprised to see it was still on her credit report after so long without ever being used, that's the only way we knew it was still active (that was last year). Then recently she got that letter about interest.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 3 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

My mother got that letter. They've never used the account, it's around 6 years old. I don't know if they ever even sent a card. The letter was about interest, not a big deal that I recall and I highly doubt it was any kind of AA.

I can check with her later today to see what it's about, I read it and nothing struck me as odd or I'd remember (believe me). I remember it being along the line of a standard update of terms letter regarding interest.

I was frankly surprised to see it was still on her credit report after so long without ever being used, that's the only way we knew it was still active (that was last year). Then recently she got that letter about interest.

OK let me know thanks! SO ythey have had the acct open for 6 yrs without ever using it?? Can you check and see if it is still open for me??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

They're so lucky!  They closed my account promptly at the one year mark.  I wasn't able to find anyone to do my dental work for less than the CL I was given, & I didn't have enough cash saved up for the remainder.  They wouldn't re-open it, either.

Message 5 of 6
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

OK let me know thanks! SO ythey have had the acct open for 6 yrs without ever using it?? Can you check and see if it is still open for me??

It show's up on open on her CR, available credit 8400.00, 0 balance, etc etc. I don't think she would have been sent the letter if it were closed and it'd never been used. Did your letter look something like this?  (front of letter only, other side is just details).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.