Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone receive "you've been selected" letter from AMEX

tag
jeannieavc
New Contributor

Anyone receive "you've been selected" letter from AMEX

I received a "you've been selected" letter for the Amex Green charge card with RSVP #.  Is this pre-approved?  What are the odds of actually getting the card? I went to the Amex site and was pre-qualified for the green and gold.  Do the above two facts really mean ANYTHING or am I looking at the same chances as a cold applicant?

Starting Score: 1/25/10 EQ 568, TU 641, EX (FAKO) 580
Current Score: 9/27/10 EQ 692, TU 736, EX (FAKO) 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone receive "you've been selected" letter from AMEX

Hi

I would say with those 2 things going for you, you'd get in Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a similar letter last week stating something like, "Due to your good credit history you've been selected for Amex".  App'd with the RSVP number online and was instantly approved for green.  This is interesting because my old Amex CO'd in 2007 and I settled with the collection agency for less than the full amt in 2008 (obviously before I found these boards).  Oh well!  I'm looking forward to receiving my new card with my 2001 member date!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the same offer for green about six weeks ago.. applied and was instantly approved. i have also received two of the same offers for the gold but i was already approved for the green... dont want to rock the boat.. not sure how much better the gold is... can anyone shed some light on that for me??

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Within the past month I've gotten 4 "you've been selected" letters, 1 for the green, 2 for the gold and 1 for the zync.

I got approved for the zync in August, it wasn't until after my approval that the letters started to come in.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i see alot of people wanting the zync.... is zync better than green?

i am wondering are the rewards better on the gold.... what's the big differnce?

seems like i read that with the gold you are at a higher risk for a FR...???

Message 6 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The handy thing about the Zync is that you can choose which categories you want rewards in, and therefore choose how much of an AF you want to pay. Some of the categories are tailored more toward younger people's interests (music, concerts, etc.)

It's not across-the-board rewards, but it often works better for those who don't travel and entertain a lot, i.e., American Express's traditional customer base.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 17
joestay
Frequent Contributor

I've been getting many pre-approved letter from Amex and Discover Card.  I usually never get these before.  Now, in the past couple of weeks, I've been getting more offer from other companies.  I guess they like what they see in my report.

Message 8 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

I never received a letter, but each time I log into my account, I see pre approvals for every card they offer to the average consumer. 

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zync is 25.00 a year and the green is 95.00 a year.  I believe they are still offereing the green and gold free for the first year.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.