cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone recently get approved for a WFNNB backed CC?

tag
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Anyone recently get approved for a WFNNB backed CC?

I am going to be looking for furniture pretty soon and one of my local furniture stores (American TV & Appliance) has one of their "get a free big screen plasma tv with purchase of furniture" sales going on.  I am thinking of applying for their store card, which is backed by WFNNB since they also have a no interest for a year special at the same time.  Anyone have any recent experiences with WFNNB?  Bureau pulled? Minimum score requirements?  Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone recently get approved for a WFNNB backed CC?

I got a Victoria's Secret card (which is backed by WFNNB) back in Sept and at that time they pulled Experian.
Message 2 of 7
BabyBlue
New Contributor

No, not me valley_man. But check out http://www.whogavemecredit.com Hopefully you will find more info there!!!

Good luck!

BB

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

My parents are in 700's, they got West Elm and Z Gallerie last week.
Message 4 of 7
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

I got approved for American Signature Furniture, they pulled Experian, and my score was 690 EX at the time.  I was approved for $2000.
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 5 of 7
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

@BabyBlue wrote:

No, not me valley_man. But check out http://www.whogavemecredit.com Hopefully you will find more info there!!!

Good luck!

BB

Thank you for the reply.  I did check whogavemecredit before I posted, but there really wasn't much on there for WFNNB.  The entries that were there were either (somewhat) old, or there wasn't information listed regarding scores or which CRA was pulled.  Makes me wonder how popular they really are.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something to remember about the "who gave me credit" site, it is not all about scores anymore. Many other things go into factoring the credit selection process. I have what I consider decent scores (high 600's) and have yet to be approved for a real true unsecured CC. According to that website I should qualfy for a bunch of cards that have told me no.

I know people (both in person and on this forum) that have been rejected with a 700+ credit score recently for cards. Its actually funny for me to see the different excuses. "Too new to credit" "Too much credit" "Not enough credit" "Too many INQ's" "Too few INQ's"  "Wrong hair color"

Honestly, and I keep telling people this, the only way to know is to apply for yourself.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.