cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone recently get approved for banco popular or other high limit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone recently get approved for banco popular or other high limit cards?

I heard Banco Popular was dishing out $25,000 limit cards, anyone recently get approved with them or any other high limit cards? I like to hear some stories and data points. Thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone recently get approved for banco popular or other high limit cards?

@Anonymous wrote:
I heard Banco Popular was dishing out $25,000 limit cards, anyone recently get approved with them or any other high limit cards? I like to hear some stories and data points. Thanks

I haven't hear of any big approvals.  There have been many reports of low limits and long wait times.  Disregard my post.  I may have confused this bank with another bank.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 2 of 11
12njoy
Super Contributor

I did confuse the banks.  Popular is/was giving out big limits.  I got one for 25k but tried to get another one and it was a no go.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 11
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Only one poster that I’ve seen with 2 cards.

I think he slipped through.

It says in the T&C only 1 card per customer.

I tried anyway and was chopped off at the knees 😋

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 4 of 11
12njoy
Super Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

Only one poster that I’ve seen with 2 cards.

I think he slipped through.

It says in the T&C only 1 card per customer.

I tried anyway and was chopped off at the knees 😋

me too Smiley Happy

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 11
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I was going to try for this one when there was a semi-run on it back late last year....but after seeing the stories of all the hoops people had to jump through to get it I decided it might not be worth it.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was under the impression that people where getting approved without having to provide poi. What hoops they make you jump through? Haven't heard about that.I just heard they have issues?
Message 7 of 11
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was under the impression that people where getting approved without having to provide poi. What hoops they make you jump through? Haven't heard about that.I just heard they have issues?

That might have been what I read--that people had a lot of trouble using their cards...glitches--account lockouts, etc. But I also recall people having to send in/fax a lot of docs for approvals. Still sounds like too much of a pain for a $25K limit.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 8 of 11
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Some did indeed have those issues.

Luckily I wasn’t one of them.

I have been glitch free

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago did you app? and what were your data points? Did they require poi for you?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.