cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone recently receive an Amex PRG to Platinum Upgrade Offer?

tag
migo13
Contributor

Anyone recently receive an Amex PRG to Platinum Upgrade Offer?

My 1 year with my PRG is coming up, and I'm trying to decide if I should wait for an upgrade offer or just app for the Platinum.

What kind of offers are you guys getting right now?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone recently receive an Amex PRG to Platinum Upgrade Offer?

I say go for it - IF you can make use of the benefits and justify the AF - only a soft pull, so why not?

Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Soft pull for rejection, hard pull if you get it.

Don't have an PRG, but I keep getting offered 50K UR for $5K spend to get the plat as an  additional card to my BCP.

Edit: That would be interesting but it's 50K MR, not UR!

Message 3 of 5
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

OP, I recently upgraded from the PRG to the Platinum. I called to see if they could give me any kind of bonus for upgrading. The CSR put me on hold, came back and said my account wasn't eligible for a bonus. Then she said that it was their most prestigious card. (I could just imagine her talking to her supervisor and the supervisor saying, she can't have a bonus, but be sure and mention how prestigious the card is.) I was thinking, come on lady, what kind of an idiot do I sound like? I did want the card for the lounge access though, so I went ahead and upgraded. While I was talking to her, the CSR said "You deserve this card ma'am." Ug, be quiet already! I already used the 200.00 travel benefit, and the PRG annual fee will be deducted from the Plat annual fee, so the total cost wasn't bad. I'm glad I upgraded. I also have the United Club Visa, so I'm covered as far as lounge access.
Message 4 of 5
brian71
Established Member

Why not both if you can justify the annual fees by using the benefits? I have had a Platinum and recently got a PRG for the 3X and 2x points where the Platinum is 1x across the board.If you fly at all the Platinum annual fee is only $50 the first year because you get to redeem the $200 airline credit once per calendar year so twice in the next 4 months if you signed up today.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.