cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone sending out chip & PIN cards yet?

tag
spambait
Established Member

Anyone sending out chip & PIN cards yet?

Or even chip & signature?

thanks

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Jarrodpd
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone sending out chip & PIN cards yet?

@spambait wrote:

Or even chip & signature?

thanks

USAA is the only one I can name off the top of my head, I think PenFed may as well. The only issue with the USAA card is that they will resort to signature I think if the terminal supoorts both(signature and pin). 

USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 2 of 32
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Diners, but applications have been suspended so far. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 32
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

This might be my ignorance speaking, but as I understand, most of the chip cards I have so far (AMEX, Citi, CSP) are chip and sig.

The Exec order signed last year clearly mentions chip and PIN; but unless I'm completely mistaken, chip and signature cards are just that - chip and signature. They will need a signature instead of asking for a PIN.

Isn't that a violation of the policy? Or are there upgrades happening that I don't know of? 

#confused

#techtard

Message 4 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ojefferyo wrote:

These were issued with the EMV chip from the get-go.  Even the Professional cards come with the chip.  I believe the OP is referencing re-issued plastics for those products or CCs that did not have the EMV chip.

Message 5 of 32
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

These were issued with the EMV chip from the get-go.  Even the Professional cards come with the chip.  I believe the OP is referencing re-issued plastics for those products or CCs that did not have the EMV chip.

ahhh gotcha

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 32
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

ahhh gotcha

Happened with my Citibank Dividend and AMEX BCE like a year ago.

Oh well, there's this: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chip-amp-PIN-warning/m-p/3731400/

Not sure which way to go.

Message 7 of 32
nyancat
Established Contributor

Only UNFCU and BMO issue chip and PIN in the US. NFCU and USAA used to but discontinued them. First Tech claims they will be but this hasn't been proven.

Many banks like Andrews and HSBC claim to but don't.

Chip and signature cards are widely available from almost all banks and the majority of products.
American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nyancat wrote:
Only UNFCU and BMO issue chip and PIN in the US. NFCU and USAA used to but discontinued them. First Tech claims they will be but this hasn't been proven.

Chip and signature cards are widely available from almost all banks and the majority of products.

The PenFed cards aren't true chip and pin?

Message 9 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

The PenFed cards aren't true chip and pin?

They fall back to PIN, but try to use Sig first

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.