cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone still have the original Citi Simplicity Cash Card?

tag
privax

Anyone still have the original Citi Simplicity Cash Card?

Earn cash back when you use your card:

• 5% cash back on purchases at drugstores and gas stations
  • 1% cash back on other purchases – including cash advances taken at the standard cash advance rate
  • $5 cash back for each individual balance transfer transaction of $1,500 or more
  • Earn up to $300 dollars per calendar year payable in checks of $50 or more only upon your request

No latee fees when you use your card once each billing cycle for a purchase or cash advance

I'm waiting for the day they send me something in the mail to "upgrade" me to something different. It's been discontinued for quite some time.. I haven't been able to find anything better that Citi offers yet.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Anyone still have the original Citi Simplicity Cash Card?

@privax wrote:

Earn cash back when you use your card:

• 5% cash back on purchases at drugstores and gas stations
  • 1% cash back on other purchases – including cash advances taken at the standard cash advance rate
  • $5 cash back for each individual balance transfer transaction of $1,500 or more
  • Earn up to $300 dollars per calendar year payable in checks of $50 or more only upon your request

No latee fees when you use your card once each billing cycle for a purchase or cash advance

I'm waiting for the day they send me something in the mail to "upgrade" me to something different. It's been discontinued for quite some time.. I haven't been able to find anything better that Citi offers yet.

It depends what you mean by better!   This card (and some other Citi ones) max out at $300 a year INCLUDING the 1% spending, whereas cards like Discover and Freedom have the $300 limit only on 5%, with unlimited 1% (and Cash Plus is even better, $400 on 5%, unlimited 1 and 2% spending).

So within the Citi stable, depending on your spending, something like the Thank You Preferred (a card I usually pan!) might be better, as that would allow you to earn more than $300, and includes 2x on entertainment including dining etc.

Outside of Citi, many cards with higher rewards, except for the 5% on drug stores, which is harder to match these days  (Wells Fargo offers that for 6 months)

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.