New Visitor
privax

Anyone still have the original Citi Simplicity Cash Card?

Earn cash back when you use your card:

• 5% cash back on purchases at drugstores and gas stations
  • 1% cash back on other purchases – including cash advances taken at the standard cash advance rate
  • $5 cash back for each individual balance transfer transaction of $1,500 or more
  • Earn up to $300 dollars per calendar year payable in checks of $50 or more only upon your request

No latee fees when you use your card once each billing cycle for a purchase or cash advance

I'm waiting for the day they send me something in the mail to "upgrade" me to something different. It's been discontinued for quite some time.. I haven't been able to find anything better that Citi offers yet.

Super Contributor
longtimelurker

Re: Anyone still have the original Citi Simplicity Cash Card?

privax wrote:

Earn cash back when you use your card:

• 5% cash back on purchases at drugstores and gas stations
  • 1% cash back on other purchases – including cash advances taken at the standard cash advance rate
  • $5 cash back for each individual balance transfer transaction of $1,500 or more
  • Earn up to $300 dollars per calendar year payable in checks of $50 or more only upon your request

No latee fees when you use your card once each billing cycle for a purchase or cash advance

I'm waiting for the day they send me something in the mail to "upgrade" me to something different. It's been discontinued for quite some time.. I haven't been able to find anything better that Citi offers yet.

It depends what you mean by better!   This card (and some other Citi ones) max out at $300 a year INCLUDING the 1% spending, whereas cards like Discover and Freedom have the $300 limit only on 5%, with unlimited 1% (and Cash Plus is even better, $400 on 5%, unlimited 1 and 2% spending).

So within the Citi stable, depending on your spending, something like the Thank You Preferred (a card I usually pan!) might be better, as that would allow you to earn more than $300, and includes 2x on entertainment including dining etc.

Outside of Citi, many cards with higher rewards, except for the 5% on drug stores, which is harder to match these days  (Wells Fargo offers that for 6 months)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}