cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone still use the BOA Travel Rewards Card?

tag
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone still use the BOA Travel Rewards Card?

I don’t bank with BoA so I don’t get premium rewards. And I can’t justify moving my money out of a high yield savings account to Bank of America with a considerably lower interest rate just to get some extra rewards. Maybe I’m missing something ?

But I would like to product change my Travel Rewards to the Premium rewards. That’s the whole reason I didn’t get the PR was because I thought you could only get the $100 credit every 4 years and I didn’t want another $95 dollar card 3 out of 4 years. I must have missed that $100 statement credit for airline fees. I would have totally jumped on that boat.

My card is only a month old. Current limit is 6K and it’s a Visa signature.

I know about the card act as I saw that other thread k Boston started. Any way BoA would like me change now or do I have to wait till the end of the year.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 31 of 38
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Seems like the CARD Act would prevent a PC in this case.  Of course you could always move the line over if you did a new app.  In addition to BoA (which certainly doesn't have great rates), any assets with Merrill Lynch or Merrill Edge also count toward the tiers.

Message 32 of 38
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I’m done app’ing for cards until I get that Uber card. 4% cash back at Restaurants outside the US is really where most of my spend comes from. My collections fall off in January. So I’m hoping I will be Barclays material by then.

My high spend cats are all outside the US. And mainly only on Visa/MC networks. Airlines (PRG) , Groceries (FlexPerks), Gas ( BoA TR) and restaurants which I currently use the flex perks card for. So it would be awesome to get 4% at restaurants outside the US

In regards to the card act. Since the AF is waived for the first year. Even if they did product change it. They really aren’t increasing the AF until the second year which is allowed under the Card act ?

If BoA did allow it. Would I be screwed on the signup bonus if I got rid of the card and applied at a later time since I never got a bonus. I am currently trying to meet 6K min spend across 3 cards right now.

Message 33 of 38
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:
I don’t bank with BoA so I don’t get premium rewards. And I can’t justify moving my money out of a high yield savings account to Bank of America with a considerably lower interest rate just to get some extra rewards. Maybe I’m missing something ?

But I would like to product change my Travel Rewards to the Premium rewards. That’s the whole reason I didn’t get the PR was because I thought you could only get the $100 credit every 4 years and I didn’t want another $95 dollar card 3 out of 4 years. I must have missed that $100 statement credit for airline fees. I would have totally jumped on that boat.

My card is only a month old. Current limit is 6K and it’s a Visa signature.

I know about the card act as I saw that other thread k Boston started. Any way BoA would like me change now or do I have to wait till the end of the year.

It's not just checking/savings cash balances that count towards getting extra rewards. Retirement and taxable investment accounts also count. BofA's interest rates on cash deposits are irrelevant if you're using stocks and bonds.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 34 of 38
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Shadowfactor Not sure on the bonus. It’s a new card so they may not offer as enticing a bonus in the future. Unless something changed the AF is NOT waived the first year. Mine posted right after I activated it and I almost made the mistake of including it in the $3k spend. LOL was wondering why it was taking so long for the points to show up and realized the $3025 or whatever it was was really only $2930. As soon as I made another purchase there they were!

Message 35 of 38
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

PC from TR to PR is possible, if 1+ years old. But there is no SUB.

I also wanted to do this before to save a HP but due to the young age of my TR, could not do PC. Then, decided to apply for PR directly and got approved.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

moved to Applications

Message 37 of 38
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I should have read the terms instead of just assuming it was waived for the first year.

Huge bonus though. Does it make it enticing.

Is there any argument here for this card over the Uber card for what I mentioned in my last post ?

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.