cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone strategically planning to app on Black Friday??? If so.. What??

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Anyone strategically planning to app on Black Friday??? If so.. What??

Just like the heading says.... Wanted to know if anyone is planning to app for their card of poison on Black Friday or after?? If so, what card are you gonna app for and hopefully get? LolSmiley Happy I don't plan on apping since I'm fresh from a BK7 a few months ago, but I love seeing all the approvals on here!! Especially if someone had a bk in the past!

Happy apping, and hope everyone gets their cards! LolSmiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
compassion101
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone strategically planning to app on Black Friday??? If so.. What??

Is there anything special about apping on Black Friday?

I know last year I called a few of my cards around xmas shopping time and asked for increases (if soft-pull). Yes from walmart discover and amazon, no from target ($200 lol) and no thanks to hard pull at chase. I thinkj its a good time to CLI

Message 2 of 4
starry1
Valued Contributor

Nope, not me, no way. Whatever gave you that idea, I'm gardening.Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 3 of 4
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

If you want a card for Black Friday, you should app ahead of time to receive it by then. That way, you can use any sign-up bonus that is available.

I don't see any advantage to applying on that day.

However, if you have a low limit card and want to call in for a CLI, certainly mention Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas and after Christmas sales. Its a good excuse for why you want an increase, especially since it has the advantage of being true.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.