cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone switch up their daily driver recently?

tag
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone switch up their daily driver recently?

My most frequently used card is the Sapphire Reserve, though I only put dining and travel on it. Dining and travel just happens to be 80% of my spend each month and I usually have at least one charge in these two categories every day.

Message 31 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

I generally use one card per month with my PRG as the overlapper so I can keep 0 balances reporting. I've got plans in the making that'll have my ED card being the primary with a hefty balance reporting. When January rolls around, I'm gonna shoot for the CSP and combine my Slate into that. CapOne isn't being used at all and my Total Rewards card has BT's on it. I have a Citi DC that I'm holding off on in case I need that BT check offer.

I have really too much available credit (yes, I said too much)...
Message 32 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

I missed a whole month of use with my Chase Freedom for groceries so I'm using it for everything
Message 33 of 65
minski
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I switched my non-category card from Citi DC to Fidelity Visa for no very good reason.  (Higher threshold, simple 2% structure)  But just wanted to put it all on one card.

lol. I did just the opposite today. I've designated the Fidelity Visa card as my Starbucks reload card, and switching the Citi DC for my other non-spend expenses. 

Message 34 of 65
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

CSP is getting the restaurants, AAA Rewards is getting pharmacy, Costco and gas purchase, FU is picking up most everything else.  Discover is carrying high UTIL untl I get reimbursed for pre-authroized warranty work on one of the cars, so it's SD until that happens.

Message 35 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is a revolving door. USAA Limitless Cash Rewards VS came on line recently so I may narrow my focus to it with time as the cash mounts up fast Smiley Wink
Message 36 of 65
elim
Senior Contributor

Medical and Taxes.

My daily driver this month is whichever just got PIF'd plus the statement just cut, lol. The great payoff is in motion!.

Message 37 of 65
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would make sure you are getting well above 2% return, because its pretty simple to get closer to 10-15+....

Would you mind sharing some of your knowledge on this subject and providing some recommendations on how to achieve a better CB return?

Not sure what jfriend33 has in mind specifically, but using either (or both) of

a) discount gift cards

b) shopping portals

can give pretty good returns.   But depends where you shop, you probably won't have the opportunity for either at a small local store.   Best thing to do there is to steal someone's card and get the product for free, at least for a while.

Message 38 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what jfriend33 has in mind specifically, but using either (or both) of

a) discount gift cards

b) shopping portals

can give pretty good returns.   But depends where you shop, you probably won't have the opportunity for either at a small local store.   Best thing to do there is to steal someone's card and get the product for free, at least for a while.

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps he was also considering signup bonuses. Last year my ROI on my total spending was right at about 10% including signup bonuses. So far this year I'm trending slightly higher. I do tend to use the Chase shopping portal a lot where I can earn up to 10x bonus (some shops even go beyond 10x!). 

Message 39 of 65
driftless
Valued Contributor

Not my daily driver which is my CSR, but my secondary and fill-in driver which is either PRG or Cap One's Venture.  Not sure that I trust Cap One for travel or unusual purchases but MR points are less valuable to me than are UR points.  Decisions, decisions.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 40 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.