Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone tried more then the 3X?

tag
inthewoods
New Contributor

Re: Anyone tried more then the 3X?

I went from 18 to 60 in one request, but that did involve sending in my tax returns (as any request > ~25k would likely have done). FWIW, I had no revolving balance.

Like you, I started out with 2k and IIRC I requested 8k at the first opportunity. It was countered at 6k. I don’t think you have much to lose by requesting moderately above 3x. It’s likely you’ll just get 3x.

Message 21 of 23
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@ghawdex wrote:

I was curious as to if anyone has ever tried (for their first time) request more then the 3X CL increase for American Express. They gave me a 2K limit and I'm pretty sure it's way pass the 60 days, but I want to pay it off first completely.  When I asked for a request for my discover card I ask for about 6x the amount and got approved. 

The worse: Get denied

Neutral: Get denied, counteroffer

The best: Get approved

I don't remember reading any posts of an over 3X CLI request being granted, or even asked for...maybe another member can provide a link if it has been done.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 22 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

I don't remember reading any posts of an over 3X CLI request being granted, or even asked for...maybe another member can provide a link if it has been done.

Post just above yours?

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.