cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone try online Capital One CLI in last 2 wks?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone try online Capital One CLI in last 2 wks?

@Anonymous wrote:

@FroggieMom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just did a request for CLI with CapOne QS.  Got the message 2-3 days, look for document in document folder.  Is this indicating a review w/ decision to follow?

YMMV but in my experience that response is always a denial Smiley Sad  Cap1 is a weird one for sure...I'm 99.99% sure I've hit the ceiling for my Cap 1 Plat (used to be an Orchand Bank rebuilder card) but they won't ever just come out and say that....instead they give some other random excuse from their automated wheel of denials.  Only reason I keep the card instead of combining it is the super low APR (5.24%) and the AoA (11 yrs)

Got my document this morning.  Rejected due to: 

Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low  

Guess I have to use it more!  Of course I dont know HOW to even begin to spend even close to my current credit line of $3000.   Guess I will just have to wait for the automatic increase after 6 months.

You don't have to spend close to your limit. 

Here's what I would do (and do, with my cards, to a degree) ... use your Cap 1 card for all your everyday expenses. In other words, things you would use your debit card for. Getting gas? Pay with Cap 1. Paying cable bill? Pay with Cap 1. Going to the grocery store? Pay with Cap 1. Then, when you get paid, pay off your Cap 1 balance to that point. 

In the example above, let's say you spent $40 in gas, cable was $80 and you spent another $80 at the grocery store. When you get paid, and before your statement date, pay off the card. 

Rinse, repeat. 

This keeps Cap 1 happy and hopefully gets you additional CLIs. 

That said, you have to be ABSOLUTELY disciplined to do this. You can't swipe your Cap 1 card and then use your debit card for something else. Leave the money in your debit account, and then pay off Cap 1. 

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been doing that EXCEPT I have been rotating through my cards.  The highest I spent though was like $400 before I paid that one off.  Maybe I should just not rotate through my cards, but I was hoping that by doing this, I would see increases on all:  Discover, Cap 1 and my BofA.  I wish I could pay my rent with them, but my stupid place of residence charges an astronomical percentage to run through credit card.  So dumb!    I will abandon Discover which I am currently using, and go back to Cap 1.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FroggieMom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just did a request for CLI with CapOne QS.  Got the message 2-3 days, look for document in document folder.  Is this indicating a review w/ decision to follow?

YMMV but in my experience that response is always a denial Smiley Sad  Cap1 is a weird one for sure...I'm 99.99% sure I've hit the ceiling for my Cap 1 Plat (used to be an Orchand Bank rebuilder card) but they won't ever just come out and say that....instead they give some other random excuse from their automated wheel of denials.  Only reason I keep the card instead of combining it is the super low APR (5.24%) and the AoA (11 yrs)

Got my document this morning.  Rejected due to: 

Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low  

Guess I have to use it more!  Of course I dont know HOW to even begin to spend even close to my current credit line of $3000.   Guess I will just have to wait for the automatic increase after 6 months.

You don't have to spend close to your limit. 

Here's what I would do (and do, with my cards, to a degree) ... use your Cap 1 card for all your everyday expenses. In other words, things you would use your debit card for. Getting gas? Pay with Cap 1. Paying cable bill? Pay with Cap 1. Going to the grocery store? Pay with Cap 1. Then, when you get paid, pay off your Cap 1 balance to that point. 

In the example above, let's say you spent $40 in gas, cable was $80 and you spent another $80 at the grocery store. When you get paid, and before your statement date, pay off the card. 

Rinse, repeat. 

This keeps Cap 1 happy and hopefully gets you additional CLIs. 

That said, you have to be ABSOLUTELY disciplined to do this. You can't swipe your Cap 1 card and then use your debit card for something else. Leave the money in your debit account, and then pay off Cap 1. 

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not used my debit card in as long as I can remember.  I've contemplated cutting it up a few times, but in the event that all of my credit cards one day stopped working I guess it would be my last resort thing to swipe. 

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been doing that EXCEPT I have been rotating through my cards.  The highest I spent though was like $400 before I paid that one off.  Maybe I should just not rotate through my cards, but I was hoping that by doing this, I would see increases on all:  Discover, Cap 1 and my BofA.  I wish I could pay my rent with them, but my stupid place of residence charges an astronomical percentage to run through credit card.  So dumb!    I will abandon Discover which I am currently using, and go back to Cap 1.

I do this to a lesser degree. 

The bulk of my monthly spend (and sometimes bigger items - like the house appraisal I just had to pay for) goes on my Cap One QS. 

But I throw Discover a bone too, by putting our cable, internet and satellite radio (soon to be cancelled though) on it each month. 

That said ... again, you have to be VERY disciplined and organized to do this. You CANNOT miss a payment, and do not want to incur interest charges. 

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just today set up my cable and cell phone to run through Cap One QS.  I will just pay it 1-2 days after it posts.  Ugh this credit game is so labor intensive!  LOL.

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use Auto Pay, you'll never miss a payment.

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've tried it probably 20 times over the last 2 weeks and every time I get the "this feature is not currently available, please try again later" response.  When I brought it to the attention of CS a few weeks ago they seemed oblivious.  Anyone else run into the same thing?

To answer your original question, yes, I've tried but I'm about 3 weeks early from my next eligibility period (6 months post credit steps is December 6) so they are shooting me down for that.

I've noticed that sometimes Cap One's site acts weird.  I can't get the chat box to appear for me at all without some weird workarounds, for example.  Maybe clear cookies and try another browser and maybe it'll work.  Or if you have the mobile app you can request a CLI there (at least on iOS).

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's definitely my account as I've tried using multiple different computers/browsers at this point.  Ultimately it doesn't matter if I can request a CLI or not, because it will always be a denial until CO can figure out why "credit bureau information missing or unavailable" comes up every time I request a CLI.  It's pretty frustrating that no one at CO seemingly cares to help me with this issue; I've been hounding them since 10/27 and have gotten no where.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.