Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone use Apple Pay?

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone use Apple Pay?

Yes. Agreed. Never would I put a debit card in it. So no brainier. I guess the computer can tell if it is debit card. And ask if debit or credit.
Message 21 of 39
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

I love ApplePay.  There are actually a lot more retailers who accept ApplePay than officially advertised i.e. Home Depot.  I have found that alot of retailers who have recently upgraded their terminals and display the contactless payment symbol will accept ApplePay.  I am the one who will leave my wallet at home before my phone.  So, ApplePay does come in handy.

Interestingly, I just looked at the website and it now looks like BestBuy will start accepting ApplePay.  I suppose they are abandoning their efforts with CurrentC.  

Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:
Yes. Agreed. Never would I put a debit card in it. So no brainier. I guess the computer can tell if it is debit card. And ask if debit or credit.

That depends on the business. CVS can't seem to tell on its own even when I swipe an AmEx.

Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

perhaps. just so people know if you are using s category card you need to check with your financial institution if they'll still honor the category 5x bonus (example.. could be 2-10x bonus) if you use apple pay or google wallet
Message 24 of 39
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

averyone needs to buy an Apple Watch....I'be got 16 cards in my apple pay.  8 on my phone and 8 on my watch. Smiley Happy

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 25 of 39
taxi818
Super Contributor

I have both. The iPhone 6 and watch. No way do I want that many. But I know I can go past 8. Hehe
Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
perhaps. just so people know if you are using s category card you need to check with your financial institution if they'll still honor the category 5x bonus (example.. could be 2-10x bonus) if you use apple pay or google wallet

That's more of a problem with Google Wallet than Apple Pay. As far as I know I've gotten all the rewards I was supposed to with the latter.

Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah that. like some amex offers. they won't honor if the card itself isn't used.

term.png

Message 28 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

I started to set up my Apple Pay a few months ago. Just added the Barclay Rewards card then but didn't call to finish setting it up. Well... today I found that I left my wallet at home. I was about 50 miles away, was going to need to pay for parking in the garage that I was in and it would have been nice to be able to eat. I usually keep at least $10.00 in the car but I used $5. the last time I washed my car. Had a total of $5.75. OK... think, think, think... Apple Pay!!! I called Barclay to have them complete the process of setting it up. That only took a few minutes. The next problem was that the parking garage didn't take Apple Pay and I couldn't find a place to eat that accepted it. I guess it will work pretty good when more places take it. 

This little incident reminded me what it's like to be poor. I was able to get a slice of pizza but didn't have enough to cover the soda (I was in downtown Boston). Luckily I had checks sitting in my center console from an account that I opened to get their $200.00 sign on bonus. I used one of them to cover the parking.  I now have a new use for my Merrick Bank card. That's going to be hidden in the car along with at least $25.00 in cash in case something like this ever happens again. 

This is easily solved: Every departure from the home includes a check of the Critical Trio:

1) Keys

2) Cell phone

3) Wallet.

If one of those is missing, you might as well have forgotten to wear pants. Smiley Wink

Apple Pay is accepted at McDonalds. I went there this morning and was gnashing my teeth because I needed to put the dining charge on my Hyatt card and it was not in my Apple Pay. how gauche! Swiping a card through the card reader when AP is available! But I have 6 other cards already in ApplePay and there are spaces for only 8, so I'm going carefully again to decide what goes in the other two. They need about 20 slots in ApplePay to make me happy.

A local pharmacy chain also has Apple Pay, so I've shifted any prescriptions that I get to that pharmacy. They also use PayPass, so I have the decision to make... do I use ApplePay this time, or my Diners Club card with the tap-to-pay feature? I will break up purchases, buy the non-prescription item first, then come back to get the prescription, just to be able to use these payment tools as many times as possible.

I'd suggest a trip to McDonalds just to try it out. My dad and I went to McD a few months ago, and as he tried to swipe his credit card, I pushed him out of the way and told him I MUST USE APPLE PAY! It is a mandatory technological obligation you have to fulfill. Smiley Happy

I almost always do "keys, wallet, phone" before I leave the house. I thought it was in the center console of my car and I didn't verify it. The one time I slacked off was the time I really needed it.  This incident show me that Apple Pay can work pretty good. I passed a Subway at one point and remembered seeing them on the list of locations. I already had my food ration so I didn't stop in. 

Me too. Every time before I go anywhere. Mine is "keys, wallet, phone and sunglasses." Although my cell case has a 3 slot card in there which I carry my ID, debit and main CC in. So sometimes I will leave wallet home on purpose. I like knowing that as long as I have my phone I have my ID and CC/debit. Works great! To answer OP, I love Apple Pay. I also wish I could add more than 8 cards. At least 15... Come on Apple!

Message 29 of 39
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah that. like some amex offers. they won't honor if the card itself isn't used.

term.png

I don't have any problems when I use my BankAmeri Cash Rewards Card with ApplePay.

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.