Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone use First Premier?

tag
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone use First Premier?

Totally agree. Several years back I was just searching cc 's out there and ran across these bottom fishers. I was appalled at their feed, charges, ethics. I never applied but they captured my email address. To this day with scores over 800, they stil contact me. Straight to SPAM they go.
Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do as everyone has said here and STAY AWAY!!

I will note that 8 years ago when I was fresh out of my first year of college and I had a charged off with Disco, first premier was the only lender (that I knew of at the time) that was willing to offer me any kind of credit. As much as I want to bash them for getting over on me for almost 2 YEARS I have to remember my situation and how they were willing to work with me.

Now that I am in a thousand times better place in life I still cannot forget where I started. Just a little side note 🙂
Message 12 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What makes one really shake their head about First Premier is that they continue to send out mailers to people like the OP - and me! - for months after these people have gotten regular credit cards and are well along with their rebuilding, so don't need First Premier anymore even if it were an ethical company. It's fairly obvious that they're just trolling for suckers at that point.

But from their point of view, why not?   For all we know, the OP may be pretty typical, looking to expand, and here's an offer for a new credit card.   Yes, a few seconds looking at the fee structure should put you WAY off, but not everyone will do that.

Message 13 of 16
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

image.jpg

Predatory? Oh no NOT these guys!!!!!

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to have the original puke green card for a couple years and by the time I was able to move into the prime card area, that's when they started bombarding me with the offers for their "platinum" card...

I just cancelled my FPB card earlier this month and the guy was trying to use all sorts of scare tactics on me to keep it open and even offered me this "platinum" card, saying, "It'll help with your utilization"... Dude... I was thinking... I have an AMEX with an 18k limit, what do I need with your $300 card??? Utilization? Baaahahaha!!!

Use the mailers to line your birdcage with and cancel the other card... Make 'em go SHOO!!

Message 15 of 16
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Funny how the more they turn up the scare tactics, the more you say waaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute and regroup/rethink. And then it all sinks in when you have time to digest all they were attempting to throw into your court!

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.