cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone use the Square App/Reader for cash advances?

tag
jagshere
Regular Contributor

Anyone use the Square App/Reader for cash advances?

I set mine up a while ago, and use for craigslist sales as well as cashing out rebate visa, mastercard american exprress gift cards. It then is auto transfered into my checking account within a few days.

Just wanted to see if anyone has used it for any type of self cash advance.

Thanks~

12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO
Walmart Discover 15k |CSP 14.4k | Penfed Cash Rewards 9k |DCU 7.5k | Chase Freedom 8k | FNFG 5k | Discover 6.4k| BOA 4k | BCE 3k

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone use the Square App/Reader for cash advances?

@jagshere wrote:

I set mine up a while ago, and use for craigslist sales as well as cashing out rebate visa, mastercard american exprress gift cards. It then is auto transfered into my checking account within a few days.

Thanks~

I think it is technically against the T&Cs to do that. 

Message 2 of 6
jagshere
Regular Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@jagshere wrote:

Thanks~

I think it is technically against the T&Cs to do that. 

Ill have to do some reading then. I dont do cash advances, havent needed one ina few years, but its a nice option(in case) if its not against the TOS of either the card issuer or square.

Thanks~

12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO
Walmart Discover 15k |CSP 14.4k | Penfed Cash Rewards 9k |DCU 7.5k | Chase Freedom 8k | FNFG 5k | Discover 6.4k| BOA 4k | BCE 3k

Message 3 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I just remember reading about someone swiping their own card to hit a spending threshold for a bonus or something and apparently it was against the T&C/TOS, I assume it is the same thing with your idea. I mean...I used my card on my own square, but I charged myself $1 to make sure it worked when I first received mine. 

Message 4 of 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Using Square to swipe your own credit card is against TOS. In fact all merchant accounts impose this restriction, not just Square. Violating TOS can get your name on to TMF (terminated merchant file), a universal blacklist for merchant account.

Technically speaking, this includes any prepaid/gift card in your name. Don't you have any bill that you can do split payment to liquidate those cards?

Message 5 of 6
jagshere
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I have used it for bills  in the past, however there is always a small amount left that does in fact never get used. thats why I did it that way.

12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.