cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone use walmart free FICO Score??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone use walmart free FICO Score??

@john398 wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Once a month.

The jury is out as to which FICO TU score it is (TU98, TU04, TU2008, TU NextGen.) I've lost track on the speculation, lol.

we can rule out nextgen the ranges dont match that model

And we can rule out TU98 as the Walmart scores don't match the scores pulled on myfico.

Message 11 of 40
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Once a month.

The jury is out as to which FICO TU score it is (TU98, TU04, TU2008, TU NextGen.) I've lost track on the speculation, lol.

we can rule out nextgen the ranges dont match that model

And we can rule out TU98 as the Walmart scores don't match the scores pulled on myfico.

Well that's a good thing and it is free. The website claims the score updates by the 10th business day. However most have found they were late this month. In order to avoid having Walmart/GEMB pulling your TU more than necessary I would wait until the end of the week that the 10th biz day falls. When you decide to find your score click on the Account Services button view fico score. Do not click on the button in the middle of the page as this will result in multiple pulls. I don't think the service will continue if it costs the CC company more than a pull a month.

Message 12 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the wording on the website varies a bit from what folks have seen so far.    At this point, it appears that they report the FICO score within 10 business days after pulling it.   This month they pulled on the 4th, and reported 10 business days after the pull - which was the 18th IIRC.

It will be interesting to see if they maintain that pattern moving forward.

At any rate, it's a great service - Kudos to GEMB and Walmart for providing their customers with true FICO scores. 

Message 13 of 40
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Looking forward to any updates any of you may have over time.  I would like to see if this a permanent thing before pulling the trigger on a Walmart card that I don't really want.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 40
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

One thing that makes me go eh on this card is that I'm not interested in any credit products that pull TU. So to me, it would be kind of interesting, but only in an academic way.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 40
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

Well that's a good thing and it is free. The website claims the score updates by the 10th business day. However most have found they were late this month. In order to avoid having Walmart/GEMB pulling your TU more than necessary I would wait until the end of the week that the 10th biz day falls. When you decide to find your score click on the Account Services button view fico score. Do not click on the button in the middle of the page as this will result in multiple pulls. I don't think the service will continue if it costs the CC company more than a pull a month.

What? Where did you come up with that info? It is a MONTHLY score update - Walmart pulls your score, not you... I doubt clicking the button does anything to cost Walmart extra pulls and it definitely doesn't update your score until, well it's been updated monthly by Walmart. And to add a little to the conversation, I'm sure that like most good things the free FICO from WM won't last forever... Smiley Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 16 of 40
Established Contributor

bigtim wrote:

And to add a little to the conversation, I'm sure that like most good things the free FICO from WM won't last forever... Smiley Happy

Good point.

As much as I would like the free monthly scores, the freebies might end after WM has reached its increased (credit card) market share goals. Once enough new people have apped for WM cards, the masters of squeezing a dollar to maximum the bottom line; could very likely withdraw the free score option and switch to offering a paid credit card monitoring service.

When that happens, you can say "I told you so" Smiley Very Happy 

Personally having a low limit credit card on my credit reports just to get free scores for a while is not an attractive option for me. My Sam's Club CC has had a $4,000 CL  for years and I doubt that a WalMart card would be issued for any higher of a limit.

Bigtim:

Thanks for reminding us of the temporary nature of many "offers" and "freebies". You have helped me make my decision. I will pass on the WalMart CC as I already can use my Sam's Card at WM.

Why am I so picky about adding cards (especially with sub $10.000 limits)? Somehow I have made it through the last few years of the credit industry roller coaster ride with not one single bit of "Adverse Action" being taken. My last tradeline was obtained three years ago, and I am not ready to unfasten my seat belt just yet Smiley Wink  

Message 17 of 40
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

Good logic Able. Fortunately, I have the WM card, but as I said I'm sure it's a temporary thing. How temporary, we shall see.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 18 of 40
stone4779
Valued Member

Yeah with DCU giving the free EQ Fico, PSECU giving the EX, the Wal Mart TU Fico is sooooo tempting but I find it so difficult to actually get it because its just a walmart card with few perks. I have the PenFed 5% gas card already...

I kinda would rather have a chase freedom or something in it place for the 5% rotating categories...

maybe some day if I run out of cards to get and I get antsy... for now Ill just pay the $15 for the scorepower once in a while or get it from a lender...

for now Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: 780
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 40
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Looking at some of the threads here about the Walmart FICO score offering, and seeing that even those with closed account can use it to get their score, I gave it a shot. I had a Walmart card for a few years, but I never used it so they closed it.

I was able to log in to my old account and retrieve my FICO score. Yay! The next day, I went back to take a look at it again, and it said something to the effect of "Sorry, we can't perform that function", and had me click the "back" button.

I understand that the score only updates once a month, but can you only VIEW it once a month, as well?

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.