cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone use walmart free FICO Score??

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone use walmart free FICO Score??

@gamegrrl wrote:

Looking at some of the threads here about the Walmart FICO score offering, and seeing that even those with closed account can use it to get their score, I gave it a shot. I had a Walmart card for a few years, but I never used it so they closed it.

I was able to log in to my old account and retrieve my FICO score. Yay! The next day, I went back to take a look at it again, and it said something to the effect of "Sorry, we can't perform that function", and had me click the "back" button.

I understand that the score only updates once a month, but can you only VIEW it once a month, as well?

Once you get your monthly score, the same score stays until it updates the next month. But it is visible and doesnt go away.

In your case i believe that since your account is closed, thats why you are no longer entitled to a free score.

I'm pretty sure that if you close your account you wont be able to get a score

Message 21 of 40
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

My brother has an active Walmart account, and he had the same thing happen last night: Got the initial look at the score, then when he went back later to look at it, he got the same message I did.

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 22 of 40
john398
Senior Contributor

@gamegrrl wrote:

My brother has an active Walmart account, and he had the same thing happen last night: Got the initial look at the score, then when he went back later to look at it, he got the same message I did.

Perhaps they added that so we could not get the score more than once a month not sure

Message 23 of 40
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

Board won't let me Quote... In reply to john398: "Perhaps they added that so we could not get the score more than once a month not sure" ---------------------------------------- I just logged back in to check mine and everything is fine. I've checked it a few days ago too, so yes it seems you can still do multiple checks. Maybe you can't access it if you don't have an active account or there was a bug in the system?
---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 24 of 40
LS2982
Mega Contributor

i do love it!! its a TU08 FICO not a TU98 like myFICO gives you (more emphasis on cc utilization on 08)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 40
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
i do love it!! its a TU08 FICO not a TU98 like myFICO gives you (more emphasis on cc utilization on 08)

I think a while back Marine did confirm it was a TU08. I still see some questions around what score the WM FICO is.

Message 26 of 40
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

I think a while back Marine did confirm it was a TU08. I still see some questions around what score the WM FICO is.

It is a TU08 but it takes awhile to get the word out. Plus there are always new members to inform.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 27 of 40
stone4779
Valued Member

How did yall figure out it is TU08?  At the

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: 780
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 40
CS800
Super Contributor

@stone4779 wrote:

How did yall figure out it is TU08?  At the

MVV confirmed from his reliable source that it was TU08.

Message 29 of 40
dalebb
Valued Contributor

no commentSmiley Sad

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.