cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using Barclay's Blue/White Checks ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone using Barclay's Blue/White Checks ?

got my checks today in the mail again ...tempting but does me no good with a really low credit limit and if i have to budge a hard inquiry to increase it then I'm better off applying a new card somewhere else no ?  because you usually get 1 year or more 0% APR Introductory rates on new cards... 

BarClay Blue checks 0% APR until December 1, 2015 

BarClay White checks 0% APR until March 1, 2016

credit limit: $2,500

I can barely put $1,000 on it without maxing it! iPhone 6 plus anyone ? Smiley Happy otherwise it's useless. My current credit usuage $9,000 and out of that i be happy to transfer at least $3,500 but only if my credit line with Barclay limit was $10,000 because that would be well over 30%. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Anyone using Barclay's Blue/White Checks ?

I'm on BT check #2. The limit is reasonable enough (5K) and my balance transfers are so relatively light that none are over 1K, but from myjourney's Barclay's thread i want to make maximum use of every benefit offered so as to be better positioned to finally land my Dream Card in Sallie Mae by Christmas or New Years. 1 down and i will be dismissing #2 in short order soon. It's said Barclay's likes useage so i'm giving them useage plus BT percentage Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 9
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

got my checks today in the mail again ...tempting but does me no good with a really low credit limit and if i have to budge a hard inquiry to increase it then I'm better off applying a new card somewhere else no ?  because you usually get 1 year or more 0% APR Introductory rates on new cards... 

I can barely put $1,000 on it without maxing it! iPhone 6 plus anyone ? Smiley Happy otherwise it's useless. My current credit usuage $9,000 and out of that i be happy to transfer at least $3,500 but only if my credit line with Barclay limit was $10,000 because that would be well over 30%. 

Don't forget about the 3% fee .

I got a box full of those checks. Used a couple times to pay off higher interest cards.

MyFICO Scores : EQ = 791 , TU = 794, EX = 774 as of 06/16
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I'm on BT check #2. The limit is reasonable enough (5K) and my balance transfers are so relatively light that none are over 1K, but from myjourney's Barclay's thread i want to make maximum use of every benefit offered so as to be better positioned to finally land my Dream Card in Sallie Mae by Christmas or New Years. 1 down and i will be dismissing #2 in short order soon. It's said Barclay's likes useage so i'm giving them useage plus BT percentage Smiley Very Happy

i could write a check to myself for the new iphone 6 and have just as good financing without applying for Balyclay Apple Card. I dont know why they want to do a hard inquiry they have my free credit score each month. I will email them again asking if they be willing to increase my credit limit so i could make better use of these checks they sent me.

Message 4 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

i could write a check to myself for the new iphone 6 and have just as good financing without applying for Balyclay Apple Card. I dont know why they want to do a hard inquiry they have my free credit score each month. I will email them again asking if they be willing to increase my credit limit so i could make better use of these checks they sent me.

FWIW, i am in a worse position with BofA Cash Rewards. Don't get me wrong, although it's a pretty new CC but at only a $1000 limit theres no need for them to push those BT checks my way like i been getting in the mail. I called their U/W and they were more then ready to bump that limit 1500 but with BofA it's a sure HP and i'm not going to budge until the ding on my scores from July's 2 approvals raise back up again.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

FWIW, i am in a worse position with BofA Cash Rewards. Don't get me wrong, although it's a pretty new CC but at only a $1000 limit theres no need for them to push those BT checks my way like i been getting in the mail. I called their U/W and they were more then ready to bump that limit 1500 but with BofA it's a sure HP and i'm not going to budge until the ding on my scores from July's 2 approvals raise back up again.

yeah i wouldn't even waste my time with Bank America. My first credit card. Had it for 2 years still stuck at $500 and would not increase it without a hard inquiry. That's why i just asked them to remove the annual fee and convert my Cash Rewards to Better Balance. I figured i only earn $60 a year on Gas when i could be getting $120 a year for free just by having the Better Balance Rewards. Without a hard inquiry or having to apply for it Smiley Wink

i emailed BarClay AGAIN. doubt they'll budge.

---

I've received Bayclay balance transfer checks in Blue and White but find them inconvenient due to my credit limit.

If i have to budge a hard inquiry to increase my credit limit then I may be better off applying a new card somewhere because you usually get 1 year or more 0% APR Introductory rates on new cards...

Credit limit: $2,500

My current credit usuage $9,000 and out of that i be happy to transfer at least $3,500 but only if my credit line with Barclay limit was $10,000 because that would be well over 30%. But if i could have it increased to $5,000 instead, i'll transfer up to $2,000 to keep my credit utilization rate relevant.

Thank you

Message 6 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

yeah i wouldn't even waste my time with Bank America. My first credit card. Had it for 2 years still stuck at $500 and would not increase it without a hard inquiry. That's why i just asked them to remove the annual fee and convert my Cash Rewards to Better Balance. I figured i only earn $60 a year on Gas when i could be getting $120 a year for free just by having the Better Balance Rewards. Without a hard inquiry or having to apply for it Smiley Wink

---

I've received Bayclay balance transfer checks in Blue and White but find them inconvenient due to my credit limit.

If i have to budge a hard inquiry to increase my credit limit then I may be better off applying a new card somewhere because you usually get 1 year or more 0% APR Introductory rates on new cards...

My current credit usuage $9,000 and out of that i be happy to transfer at least $3,500 but only if my credit line with Barclay limit was $10,000 because that would be well over 30%. But if i could have it increased to $5,000 instead, i'll transfer up to $2,000 to keep my credit utilization rate relevant.

Thank you

Concerning my issue with low limit BofA, i feel the same way that you do with Barclay's limit. If they are dead set to burn a HP for a CLI on the $1000 limit, i be better off apping straight out for Better Balance Rewards Card if you ask me. LoL

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

---

Thank you

Concerning my issue with low limit BofA, i feel the same way that you do with Barclay's limit. If they are dead set to burn a HP for a CLI on the $1000 limit, i be better off apping straight out for Better Balance Rewards Card if you ask me. LoL

Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditMagic7 wrote:

smode wrote:

CreditMagic7 wrote:

CreditMagic7 wrote:

same crap ... i wonder if calling one of those backdoor numbers would do any good 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard.  We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the credit limit on your account.

Our Credit Department reviews your account periodically and once your account is eligible, we will automatically increase your credit line and notify you immediately. This process is a soft pull on your credit report and will not reduce your credit score.

(''Please pass this to the Credit Department then for a periodic review and kindly let me know if I am eligible
for credit limit increase with a soft pull. Thank you.'') Smiley Very Happy

Should you wish not to wait for the review and would like to request for credit line increase, we will need to pull and evaluate your Credit Bureau Report. Because you are requesting for an increase, we will place a hard inquiry on your credit report. This will reflect the fact that you are requesting additional credit from our bank. 

If you agree to this process and wish to proceed with your request, please contact us anytime at 866-928-8598 so that we may discuss what options are available on your account. You can also request credit line increases on the website at www.barclaycardus.com by selecting the 'Account settings' tab on the homepage and clicking on the 'Request credit line increase' link. We hope you find this information helpful.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message. 

Sincerely,

Customer Service

----------

My current credit usuage $9,000 and out of that i be happy to transfer at least $3,500 but only if my credit line with Barclay limit was $10,000 because that would be well over 30% but if i could have it increased to $5,000 instead, i'll transfer up to $2,000 to keep my credit utilization rate relevant. 
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.