Regular Contributor

Anyone using the capital one debit rewards mastercard?

I know that capone doesn't get much love on these forums but I was wondering if anyone has used their debit rewards mastercard and if so, is it a good thing? I received an offer via email for it, it is tied to your checking account (at any bank) and you earn 1 point for every $2.00 spent. I was thinking that since I don't earn anything with my current debit card, I would enroll. Any thoughts?
Contributor

Re: Anyone using the capital one debit rewards mastercard?

I have one and I used it all the time. One day I went to withdrawal cash from the ATM and I couldn't take out more than $200. If I hadn't taken my regular debit card out of my wallet I could have taken that much out, but if I remember right it's $200 per day max. After that I just haven't used it at all. Mainly lazyness, but also I didn't want to have to carry both the Cap 1 debit card and my bank one. If you don't mind carrying both around it's fine. Also remember you will take a surcharge fee if you use it to withdrawal from an ATM, even if it's from your own bank.
Frequent Contributor

Is there a fee?

TU-654 (6/9/08), EQ-660 (5/15/08), EX-?
TU-696 (9/1/08), EQ-702 (2/25/09), TU-700 (3/2/09)
TU-748 (6/4/09), EQ-746 (6/1/09)
TU-746 (7/7/09), EQ-749 (7/7/09), EXP-696 (7/7/09)
Contributor

There is no fee to have the card
Regular Contributor

It does have a fee 9.95 per year.
Contributor

That must be new. There is no fee for my card.

Sorry for the misinformation.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.