cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using their Blispay as their primary card?

tag
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone using their Blispay as their primary card?

Right now I have two promotional purchases on the card.  My primary spend is SPG AMEX (since the points are valued at more than $0.02).  Sans promotional spending, this would be behind SPG and category bonus cards (Freedom, Discover It).

Message 11 of 46
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I could not use my Blispay card as a primary card. I'd rather treat mine like an anywhere-store card with a small discount and an occasional deferred interest offer and instead keep my noncategory spending separate. I don't like interfering with or mixing promotional financing with every day spending on any card, especially not one that offers it continuously for now. Fidelity Visa Signature/Citi DC for 2% cash back once my Discover It Miles offer is over.

Message 12 of 46
GalaxyStars
Regular Contributor

I'm also using blispay as my main card. Main perk so far is it isn't reporting so helps keep my utilization down.
Message 13 of 46
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Blispay is definitely making its way to one of  main cards where I can't get better than 2% value back.  Ued it on taxes for 1k and still have about 200$ sitting on that for 0% apr for 6 months along with several smaller < 200 purchases just for the 2% back.  Probably will average 500ish-1k a month on the card as iti s so simple and 2% is 2% and better than 1.5% although not by much, but it all adds up.. Examples what I put on Blisspay is Cable bill, water bill, utils, etc.  Dining is still Discover although nearly capped for the quarter along with CSP/Ritz and obviously my other 3%-5% cards for specific cats.  Great card overall thus far so I can't complain.. Only thing that bugs me so far is they appear to wait 10 days after you pay to put the available credit back on the card.  Hopefully this changes after they are use to your payment history

Message 14 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a site to see if you are pre-qualified for this card?

Does anyone have any general info on the card such as general credit score requirements, anything they "like" or "dislike" to see on your profile with respect to approval, SL's, abiility to get CLI's, etc?  I'm contemplating this card over the Citi DC that I was thinking of apping for to use as my main basic every day user.

Message 15 of 46
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Brutal there is no Pre-Qual for Blispay ... yet.. But I was approved with 60+ Inq but I had 0% UTL. Most of the approvals I've seen are 690+ EX but I have seen some 700's denials
Message 16 of 46
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a site to see if you are pre-qualified for this card?

Does anyone have any general info on the card such as general credit score requirements, anything they "like" or "dislike" to see on your profile with respect to approval, SL's, abiility to get CLI's, etc?  I'm contemplating this card over the Citi DC that I was thinking of apping for to use as my main basic every day user.

They pull Experian and Score must be greater than 680+.. Lower the score the lower the CL.  Most CL's are 5-7.5k CL if your scores are 700 and above you will get 5k most likely 720 and above most likely 7500k and if 680-700 it can be anywhere from 1800-4kish.. Just some basic stats. No Pre-qualiification site.  Not really inquiry sensitive.  Just have a relatively clean file and you should be approved.  No CLI on this card.  It might not be needed as speculation is that it might very well be a hidden TL as it is still a new card, but a few people have had a few statements cut and yet to report so will find out soon enough and if that is the case 5k-7.5k is plenty as utilization might not be a factor.

Message 17 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores around 750-760 when I applied. I got 9,000. I don't see a lot of people with this CL but it is possible to get if your scores are high and util is low.

Message 18 of 46
minski
Established Contributor

My scores for 760+ all throughout. I'm in NY; they pulled EX. At the time of application I had 5 inquiries on EX. No negatives and less than 5% util. I was given $9900 starting limit. 

I have not received my card yet, but when I do, I am not planning on using it as my main. I don't like the idea of mixing 0% financing with general spending; it makes me nervous. I have Fidelity Visa and Citi Double Cash for general spending, and a few rotating category cards. 

Message 19 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was hoping for a pre-qual site too, that hard pull had me shook. I have two baddies and a judgement showing on my report...all three set to fall off this year. I was at a 689 day of pull  and got $3.2k. Definitely will not be my main...Like someone else said...I don't like the ideal of mixing promo financing with regular financing.

Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.